“Great Place for Lunch Downtown”
Review of Sacks Cafe

Sacks Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sacks Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 878 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Description: Downtown award-winning restaurant specializing in American cuisine with a modern approach. We offer fresh Alaskan seafood whenever possible, including Halibut Cove oysters and Copper River salmon, and serve delicious Matanuska Valley produce when in season. Signature dishes include our fresh Alaskan soy-maple glazed salmon served with sautéed Asian vegetables, wasabi aioli and basmati rice. Our Crab Cakes Benedict is a favorite among locals. Try our Chocolate Pot de Creme or Russian Cream for dessert.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great Place for Lunch Downtown”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm rarely dissapointed when I stop in for lunch at Sak's except when I go at noon and can't get in because I didn't make a reservation. Food is delicious and service is great! A little brunch on Sunday is also a favorite. That being said, I've been in there twice for dinner and left fairly dissapointed. Food is overpriced for the quality served and the service staff seems to have an attitude. Seems the lunch staff should shed some light to the dinner staff. There are a lot better places in Anchorage, especially downtown, to spend decent money on dinner.

Wasilla, Alaska
“Not sure what to think”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I know this seems like an odd title for a review. However, I walked away from Sacks, my first experience, not really knowing if I would return. Between my husband and I, we had two entrees, two salads and a large bowl of soup. The soup was an African Peanut - sounded odd but interesting. Had the soup been flavored during cooking, I think the flavors may have come through better, but it was fairly bland. I noticed someone at an adjoining table comment it was odd. Next, I had a house salad which I didn't consider "house". It was mixed greens with feta and a raspberry dressing. The salad was dry, but balsamic was at the table, so I dressed it a bit more. My husband had a warmed pear salad that was excellent. My entree was a curry dish with a raita dressed rice. At first I didn't know it was rice - it didn't taste like rice, but I can't tell you what it tasted like - it was different. The curry was not seasoned adequately and I had to salt the dish to find the flavor. My husband had a cod dinner and I found his the be the most strange. It was good, but there were so many flavors that were competing and not complementing the dish. All of the food was fresh, and that came across in all dishes. I guess I would say that it was good, but I just think there were too many flavors that didn't seem to help out the dishes. I don't know if I'll go back. I think the prices were probably a bit high.

• Visited February 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Sacks Always Delivers on Special Food and Quality”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This has been a longtime favorite. The quality of the food (and the wine list) is always superb, the atmosphere is casual and relaxed, yet elegant, and the staff are typically excellent. There is always something interesting on the menu to try. I highly recommend this place to family, friends, out of town guests and my B and B clientele.

Visited December 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Another surprise, a place I didn't know about.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Some friends suggested this for dinner before an opera they were taking us to. Henceforth---Sack's will be our #1 choice on theatre nights.

Visited October 2012
Wasilla, Alaska
“A special dinner...”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a celebratory dinner there with our teenager. It was a wonderful meal, everything done exquisitely. Creatively prepared and presented. A great place for a special occasion.

• Visited December 2012