“Great spot in Downtown Anchorage”
Review of Sacks Cafe

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Description: Downtown award-winning restaurant specializing in American cuisine with a modern approach. Small plates, extensive wine list, creative cocktails.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ate hear on a business lunch this week after reading reviews on TA and was glad I did. The shrimp and scallop salad was great and nice touch of heat in the dressing. The tomato bisqe was also very good and I loved the added blue cheese. Service was excellent and the atmosphere was very nice. I would definitely come back.

There are newer reviews for Sacks Cafe

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My mom treated me to brunch here and it was absolutely lovely! The prices are slightly expensive (we used a Groupon, though), but it is well worth it! Superb atmosphere, staff, and delicious eats!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Service and food are excellent. My husband and I tried their vegetarian chili which was awesome! We also had their fish tacos-fantastic! Their menu is creative with a large number of selections. Friendly service with server making great suggestions.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

After not being able to get in to two other restaurants (which we now believe was fate), my wife and I walked around the corner and discovered this little gem. We had starters of Crab & Scallop Cakes and the house specialty, Alaskan Silver Salmon Tempura Roll. For entree we ate Alaska Red King Crab and Chicken & Alaska Sea Scallops - all delicious and set off to perfection with Carpe Diem 'Fire Peak' Chardonnay. Genuinely nice, welcoming and friendly people too - so good that we stayed for dessert and coffee. It was worth the long trip from Australia just to find this restaurant!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, friendly service, delicious food. The crab legs were excellent, as were the accompaniments. Since they're expensive, we ordered a 1/2 pound serving and shared them along with another dish (Mariscada). That plus soup or salad for an appetizer was just right and everything was delicious. The flourless chocolate cake was great, too. Definitely don't miss this place.