“Hit and Miss”
Review of Orso

Orso
Reserve with OpenTable
Orso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 891 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: G
Transit: We are one block from the 6th avenue transit center.
Description: ORSO is well known as "The Place to Be." ORSO's New American cuisine expertly pairs delicious local flavors with the ever changing seasons of Alaska. ORSO is well known for a large selection of Alaskan seafood, grilled meats, award winning wine list and the best local ingredients when available. Happy hour everyday 3pm-6pm and 9pm to close! The bar is open one hour after the dining room each day!
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Orso is a very well appointed restaurant in the middle of downtown Anchorage. My parmesan/pecan crusted yellow tail sole was quite tasty and nicely prepared. On the other hand, my wife was disappointed in her dinner salad. Even for Alaska the prices are somewhat steep, and do not match the quality of the food.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great food. May be a big expensive for some but I think it is good for what you get. High quality, tasty food. Make sure you have a reservation unless you enjoy long waits for a table. One of our top choices.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The atmosphere was nice, wait staff was nice, food was... well, they don't have a side salad so we each had a ceasar salad before dinner. There were brown spots, it was very plain/bland, it just wasn't very good. Had the fillet and wife had the rockfish stuffed with crab. Hers looked good, but she had a lot left on the plate. Her broccoli was huge long stocks while my asperagus was tiny and shriveled up, plus some of my potatoes were burnt. My fillet wasn't bad.

I expected to get a good quality meal and this fell well short.

We won't be going back.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Fish was very delicious and service very good. The interier of the Orso is very nice and we felt good athmosphere. It is necessary to book the table.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like to go here when I have time to relax and enjoy the evening, the wine list is great, the food is wonderful and I can unwind! Is a bit pricy, but worth it!

Been to Orso? Share your experiences!