“Stay at the Captain Cook and eat here each night in Anchorage”
Review of Orso

Orso
Reserve with OpenTable
Orso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 887 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: G
Transit: We are one block from the 6th avenue transit center.
Description: ORSO is well known as "The Place to Be." ORSO's New American cuisine expertly pairs delicious local flavors with the ever changing seasons of Alaska. ORSO is well known for a large selection of Alaskan seafood, grilled meats, award winning wine list and the best local ingredients when available. Happy hour everyday 3pm-6pm and 9pm to close! The bar is open one hour after the dining room each day!
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We ate here two nights in a row it was so good. Bring an appetite. The portions are definitely man-sized.

There are newer reviews for Orso

996 - 1,000 of 1,221 reviews

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Orso was one of three recommendations we received from a hotel staffperson while in Anchorage. We had dinner there and our meal was delicious! The service was slow at first--water and server were delayed. However, our server was gracious and the quality of the food more than made up for our wait. My stuffed rockfish was wonderful, the king crab legs were huge and the molten lava dessert was a yummy ending. We would gladly return to Orso.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We went to Orso on a weekend evening with our family. We had a large party and were sat in a corner. The food was creative and good, but way over priced for what we got - even for Alaska.

I guess the atmosphere was good if you were a 20-something up and coming in the city. I found it to be sweltering hot - everyone at my table was sweating - visibly. It was so difficult to maneuver through the dining room to get to the restroom or leave the place because here is no real path to get in and out. Plus, the spaces you do are so tiny and I could barely squeeze through. Add a diaper bag and toddler in tow and it was near impossible. And to top it off, service was pretty slow.

I had heard such great things about this place, but perhaps it was just that - hype. I'll save my money and go else where next time where I can get better money and atmosphere for less dough.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I'm going to be generous and give this restaurant four stars, because I have had some very good meals here. Only problem is I've had some pretty mediocre ones as well. And when you're paying as much as they charge, you want to be sure that you get your money's worth. My advice is to stick with the fish and stay away from the king crab (I'm not sure why but it seems like they serve pretty low quality crab). Another thing I'll add is that their servers are overly snobby. Yes I know Orso is one of the "nicest" restaurants in Anchorage, but this is still Alaska, not upper Manhattan. Jeez I better stop writing before I talk myself into three stars or less.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Ok so the food here is good. The service is decent as well but it is EXPENSIVE--more fine dining type. The waiters are a bit uppity. You will want to dress a step up from your Mcdonalds attire. Hint. Half price appetizers in the bar if you go between 4-6.

Been to Orso? Share your experiences!