“A true Anchorage favorite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jens' Restaurant

Jens' Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jens' Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 867 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: French, American, International, European, Contemporary, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Arctic Blvd
Transit: There are bus stops on 36th Avenue and on Arctic Blvd. Very close to the restaurant.
Manton, Michigan
“A true Anchorage favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Jen's restaurant is a great place to enjoy experiencing a true taste of Anchorage. Our four meals were cooked to perfection in a timely fashion. They offer only fresh seafood cooked the way fresh fish should be cooked. The scallops are large, tuna prepared nicely, linguini piled high on the plate and the Portuguese Rockfish melted in my mouth. The wait staff makes you feel welcomed and tended to our wishes in a professional manner.

• Visited December 2013

Valdez, Alaska
“Exceptional Food, Atmosphere, and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our first dining experience at Jens' Restaurant, and it will not be our last! My steak was perfectly cooked and very tender. The whole dish for that matter was masterful. And my wife is still raving about the rockfish dish that she ordered.

The service was phenominal! The older gentleman was very professional, welcoming, and friendly. He really went above and beyond; best service we have ever had at a restaurant!

The Sommelier was the only blemish on our dining experience. He was pushy and arrogant.

That aside, we enjoyed our dining experience. The white linen dressed tables were, candle light, and decor made for a romantic dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“Lively, tasty, on top of its game!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't been to Jens since it's eponymous owner sadly passed away. Happy to report that the food has moved up a notch. Same basic menu as before but the flavors and dishes seemed fresher, crisper and more colorful. Service remains excellent and was also highly entertaining! The place was packed with cheerful and satisfied diners.

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the third time I've been to Jens' - it's a must-do when I visit Anchorage. My only regret is that I am not in Alaska more often so I don't get to eat there as often as I would if I lived there.

Jens' is about a 10-15 minute cab ride from downtown in a strip shopping center. From the outside, you would not think much of it. But the outside is deceptive. Inside it's warm and cheery, with a friendly, professional wait staff. I recommend the peppercorn steak - cooked just right and nice sauce. Great atmosphere and no one tried to rush us out once finished. I highly recommend this restaurant for either a dinner with friends, (this visit), or for a romantic dinner or other special occasion. Can't wait till I'm in town again!

I recommend making reservations.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lala085
Anchorage, Alaska
“Best food and service in Anchorage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I come here for all of our special occasions. It is seriously THE BEST food and service in the city. There is an older gentleman that is a server there and he probably makes for 50% of the great experience. He is polite, courteous, friendly- the most wonderful server I have ever had at a restaurant.
The location is somewhat unexpected, but that just makes it all the more special!
Must try the sashimi appetizer-- AMAZING!

• Visited September 2013