“Always a lovely time!”
Review of Jens' Restaurant

Jens' Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jens' Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: French, Scandinavian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Arctic Blvd
Transit: There are bus stops on 36th Avenue and on Arctic Blvd. Very close to the restaurant.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've been going to Jens' restaurant ever since I can remember. My parents had been going since Jens opened the restaurant, and as an adult, I used to meet my Dad after work for dinner and drinks at the bar. The wonderful waitstaff knew us and chatted with us like old friends (which they are:). I later introduced my fiance to the place, and when it came time for us to choose a place for our wedding rehearsal dinner, Jens was our first choice. It was SUCH perfect event and everyone was so accommodating! I will always recommend Jens' to anyone who wants a lovely dinner out.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place. Great service. Friendly. Felt cared for

The food was great. Greek salad was outstanding.

Try the veal and pork meatballs. Wow. What a dish. Unusual and ethnic.

Will return

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We found this restaurant through TripAdvisor and were very happy with our choice. It's one of Anchorage's hidden gems. We had very tasty scallops and a halibut in a mushroom sauce, which overpowered little bit the fish but my husband liked it anyway.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Despite the location ("midtown" and in a strip mall) this restaurant is one of the best we've encountered anywhere in our extensive travels. Service was friendly and impeccable. From salad to fresh seafood (rockfish dish one of the best fish meals we have ever had- from sea to table the same day). Only complaint was the stingy pour for wine, although selection was excellent. Hours were better than many in Anchorage, serving until at least 10 PM on a weeknight.
This is definitely a place to revisit.

1  Thank Gary1392
Reviewed August 10, 2013

When visiting Alaska, trying fresh fish is a must. This place has great local caught fish, superbly prepared. I had the best Halibut I've ever tasted here! Perfectly cooked, light and delicious sauce, not too overpowering as the freshness of the fish does not need a strong sauce. Well presented, good service. Worth a 10 minute drive from Anchorage. A local place, not many tourists. Do not go for the scenery as in a strip mall. Once inside though, you will be happy you choose this place. Expensive but worth it if you love fish!

1  Thank GoGreenMichigan