“First-class dining in a casual setting”
Review of Jens' Restaurant

Jens' Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jens' Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 874 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: French, American, International, European, Contemporary, Scandinavian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Arctic Blvd
Transit: There are bus stops on 36th Avenue and on Arctic Blvd. Very close to the restaurant.
Annapolis, Maryland
“First-class dining in a casual setting”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family of eight, including two boys under 10, enjoyed a wonderful meal at Jens'. The staff and atmosphere are completely inviting. We felt welcome, comfortable and relaxed. The sushi/salmon napoleon is fantastic. If I went back I'd order that for my entree. The halibut was standout and the scallops plentiful and tasty. Everything seemed really fresh and carefully prepared. This place is great for any occasion. And fun.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SparkleTravels

Falls Church, Virginia
“Absolutely The Premier Dining Experience in Anchorage (and Gluten-Free Options)”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The initial encounter when you drive in the strip mall parking lot is that you are not in the right location. Instead, you have arrived at the premier restaurant in Anchorage. Don't discount them compared to their highly publicized counterparts who have tons of advertising dollars and are located in upscale locations. Just get to Jen's as fast as you can. It's worth the small taxi fare to get here. Jen's provides you the ultimately most exquisite family experience at the truly most upscale restaurant in Anchorage. Their wait staff is the best of the best and truly genuine in nature. They graciously offered many gluten-free options for my spouse. For me, I opted for the best meal of our entire 9-day adventure in Alaska, Jen's "By now almost world famous" Pepper Steak, cut from prime beef tenderloin." If I could recreate this meal at least one more time during our Anchorage experience, This one dinner experience tremendously (and I actually mean exponentially) topped both our two dinner reservations at the Captain Cook's Crows Nest. Our experience at Simon and Seafort's severely paled by comparison to Jen's.

Just go and enjoy. I can't imagine anyone who would not love the pampering by their entire staff. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy the absolute best in Anchorage and maybe similar upscale experiences in many major cities for the best of the best in terms of service and food. Go and enjoy.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank maxpr1
Auckland
“oh yay.. a menu that didn't have "burger" or "fries" as a staple.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Delightful atmosphere, (fresh roses, candles, white table linen) attentive staff, great wine list, excellent menu
~ thanks Trips Advisor for locating this wee gem.

Not easy to find (take note of the final bits of the directions), but well worth the bus changes I took to get there... and the taxi fare back to my hotel *after hours*. It likely should be on the major tourist map I was using to find my way around, but maybe it doesn't need any more clientele than it already has, given it's capacity was at the point of being *full*.

My only issues (resolved) was that typically American food has a very high sugar content to appease the taste of locals. Adding a couple of wedges of lime to my (otherwise) beautiful fish dish, took the yuk factor out of the sweetness of the sauce, in keeping with the other fine flavours it presented.

The range of wines available by the glass was exemplary. Well done. Spolied for choice.

• Visited June 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Dont miss this place--Great service and delicious food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Black Cod did indeed melt in my mouth and my husband loved his peppersteak! Our sushi appetizer was also a perfect blend of tastes. And the chocolate dessert--perfection.

• Visited May 2013
portland oregon
“Best kept secret in Anchorage”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This little out of the way restaurant is situated in a a strip mall. I would never have known about it were it not for a fellow traveller who mentioned it to me on the plane ride from Portland, Or to Anchorage.

Wow! I had the seared tuna prepared Nicoise style with a green salad with berries and nuts beforehand. The fish was prepared perfectly, and the accompanying veggies, while not the traditional Nicoise style I am accustomed to, were delicious and unique.

I was so happy to find this gem and will revisit each time I'm in Anchorage.

• Visited May 2013