“Just a fly-by but an incredible one”
Review of Jens' Restaurant

Jens' Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jens' Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 885 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: French, Scandinavian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Arctic Blvd
Transit: There are bus stops on 36th Avenue and on Arctic Blvd. Very close to the restaurant.
Seattle
“Just a fly-by but an incredible one”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were headed to the airport after 5 great days in Anchorage. Knowing that we would be facing a 3 hour flight back to Seattle with only airplane food for dinner, my colleague talked to some local folks about where we might get some amazing food to take with us. He was told that the calimari at Jens' was worth the stop on the way to the airport. We arrived there in between lunch and dinner and the cooks were prepping for dinner rush. Rather than turn us away, the staff worked out so we could get some orders of the calimari appetizer to go. In less time that it takes to drink a glass of water and salivate over the full menu and wine list, we had our food and were back on the road. I couldn't resist opening the box while in the car. I couldn't resist taking one bite. I couldn't resist wolfing the whole thing down and using the thoughtfully provided bread to sop up every speck of sauce in the to-go box. The best calimari preparation I have had. Thick strips of fork tender squid with a whisper coat of flour to help the creamy sauce stick. I was in heaven. Needless to say - I had nothing but a memory for the long flight home.

• Visited May 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“This is Awesome!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Met with friends and colleagues from Washinton who know how to enjoy the best fo the best. From the warm greeting at the desk, to the excellent service to the incredible food ... this is a place to come abck to on a regular basis!

Visited March 2013
Anchorage, AK
“Haute Cuising”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I live in Anchorage and my wife and I hadn't been to Jens' for a while so we went for a Valentine dinner. The restaurant was always good, but now it deserves haute cuisine status on a par with Marx Brothers Cafe. It is out of the way for tourists in a plain-looking strip mall, but once you go in -- welcome to heaven. We both had the foie gras appetizer, which is extraordinary, and my wife and I ate, respectively the lamb and the Kodiak scallops. All terrific. Throw away your calorie counter and go nuts.

Visited February 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Delightful”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is one of our favorite local restaurants. It has excellent wine selections and a nice selection of dinner options. The staff is exceptionally professional and friendly

Visited November 2012
los angeles, ca
“worth going out of your way”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Jen's sadly just passed away, but I have enjoyed his restaurant since the early 90's. He stopped cooking a few years ago, but the lady chef was taught all his secrets. In fact Jen's has taught most of the chefs in Anchorage's best restaurants. Jen's was originally the Sous Chef at the Captain Cook in Anchorage. His restaurant is amazingly in a strip mall at 36th and Arctic, so tourists will have to ask the cab to take them there - about 10 minutes from the downtown area.

Nobody cooks fish better anywhere I have ever eaten. The salmon and halibut are amazingly moist and tender. But then everything is wonderful. And the wine list is something to admire and enjoy.

• Visited November 2012