“High-end Roadhouse”
Review of Glacier Brewhouse

Glacier Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Glacier Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 889 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: H
Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
Description: You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. Our friendly, energetic wait staff also offer gluten free and vegetarian options. Join us for brunch on the weekend, and bring the whole family anytime. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”. We appreciate your feedback, please let us know how we performed. Thank you, we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Really enjoyed two visits here in two weeks. The concept here is to start with basic roadhouse food that Alaska does well, i.e. seafood, pizza, and filling sandwiches, and then implement them using high quality ingredients and presentation. Add in the on-premises brewery and a good atmosphere, and that's a combination I really do like. The GB was a little pricey, but it's not an everyday place to visit. I eat seafood pretty much everywhere I go and to me the halibut and salmon were excellent, and the fish and chips were probably the best I've had. Service was good when we had dinner. We ate lunch here and they messed up the order but the staff realized it and went out of their way to make it right and comped the incorrect order anyway even after delivering the meal. To me that shows they are serious about making the customers happy, and getting return business, not just tourists passing through. Beers right up there, too. I enjoyed the amber and the IPA. Didn't try any desserts...I enjoyed the beers too much to leave room for dessert. This is a standout restaurant but time your visit to avoid crowds. Sunday night, of all times, there was over an hour wait at 7PM.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

One of the best meals I had in Alaska! It even had my husband wanting to eat salmon. The service was amazing along with the food. The atmosphere was fun! I would love to go back. Everything from the beer, appetizer, dinner and dessert was delicious!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2014

The Brewhouse is a reasonably priced restaurant with a large bar area and a big selection of beers on draft. The seafood chowder and rockfish are both excellent menu selections and less expensive than other restaurants in the area. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We expected good beer and pub food but we were especially pleased with the entrees. The Alaskan halibut was very fresh and cooked perfectly. The Ahi tuna was among the best I have had. Our daughter asked if the rockfish was "fishy tasting" and was told it is like cod. In our experience cod has never tasted fishy, so she ordered the rockfish. It tasted fishy. She was disappointed, but everything else was absolutely fantastic.
We highly recommend GB when you are in Anchorage, but if you don't like your fish to taste fishy, don't order the rockfish.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stopped here before a cruise of the Inside Passage. We were glad we had reservations since the restaurant was so crowded. Had the fresh halibut with macademia crust and wasabi green beans. Even tried the ale though I don't ordinarily drink beer.

Be aware though the prices are on the high side --entrees are around $34; but since we only had the one day stay maybe Alaskan prices are steep

Been to Glacier Brewhouse? Share your experiences!