“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Glacier Brewhouse

Glacier Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Glacier Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 870 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: H
Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
Description: You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Large, but good service and food. Excellent salmon, very good starters. Cute young guys for waiters; ladies will enjoy. Busy, right downtown. Good variety of local brews.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Munford, Alabama
“My favorite place to eat in Anchorage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was my favorite place to eat when I was in Anchorage. I had the fettuccine jambalaya and it was terrific. The service was great and the atmosphere was too. We didn't have reservations, but they sat us anyway. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting.

• Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Worth going to!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

It was my first time to Alaska and ate here twice and both meals were delicious! Had the ribs the first time and the ahi tuna the second time. The ahi tuna is delicious, I wanted to go back a third night and have it again! Will definitely go back when I get back to Anchorage. Worth stopping at.

• Visited March 2014
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Alaskan Salmon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lively atmosphere and good food. On the pricer side but well worth the money. Seemed the be the place to be on a friday or saturday night. Full house with dates, families, and friends.

Visited December 2013
“Totally enjoyable time. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Some friends and I arranged to meet here on a Wednesday and luckily we had made reservations.
The place was packed at our 7:45 arrival time.

We shared their crab and artichoke dip and calamari appetizers. Both were served quickly and were very good.

For my entree, I had the Fettuccine Jambalaya. It was excellent! It had the right amount of heat for me, plenty of sausage and shrimp, and a nice, balanced quantity of noodles. Plus, there was plenty of it. I was happy that I didn't had any of the bread that was served before the meal because I would have been stuffed. Sadly, I was too full to enjoy their bread pudding which I heard from one of our party is good enough to order and just bring home if you're too full to enjoy it there.

For as crowded as it was, our service was timely and very friendly. Our water glasses were always full and if things did arrive a bit "late", like our drink order, we were kept up-to-date on what was happening.

Overall, a very good experience.

Been to Glacier Brewhouse? Share your experiences!