“Excellent Food, drinks & service EVERYTIME!”
Review of Glacier Brewhouse

Glacier Brewhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Glacier Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 890 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: H
Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
Description: You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. Our friendly, energetic wait staff also offer gluten free and vegetarian options. Join us for brunch on the weekend, and bring the whole family anytime. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”. We appreciate your feedback, please let us know how we performed. Thank you, we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went here for my birthday brunch. This was our third time eating here this year (we visited Anchorage in Dec/Jan).

My son & I had the Bloody Mary bar, which was fantastic! They bring you a shot glass of your choice of vodka (all top shelf), and your choice of flavored or unflavored salt @ the rim. You then have your choice to fix your drink as bland or spicy as you wish! Their "secret ingredient" mix is very good, as well as the spicy and regular (I mix the 3 together). You can add celery, pickled green beans, asparagus, pearl onions, various green olives and @ 20 hot sauces to top it off. It's a meal in itself!

I had the crab cake Benedict and cheesy parmesan grits - both of which were very very good. My son had the regular eggs Benedict and said it was fantastic. (He lives in Anchorage & eats here @ twice a month). My husband had scrambled eggs, cheese grits and Raindeer sausage along with their awesome blond fresh brewed beer (very good if you like a lighter beer).

The service has been consistently good and the atmosphere pleasing and relaxed. They have a few huge fireplaces, which were going even on a Sunday in September and it was still fairly cool where we were sitting.

When I return in February-we will eat here again!

There are newer reviews for Glacier Brewhouse

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went here for dinner and after entering from the street through a rather nondescript doorway the restaurant reveals itself. The place is beautiful. Huge ceiling beams, a gorgeous open kitchen, beautiful bar, stone fireplace in the center and on and on. This is a very popular restaurant so reservations are a must or be prepared for a long wait. The food is wonderful. We had KIng Crab legs and they were awesome. The green dinner salad had a nice assortment of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red cabbage, carrots and cucumbers. The dressing was delicious. Service was also very good with a friendly and attentive waitress. The beer selection was excellent and we both enjoyed our selections.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had two meals at the Glacier Brewhouse while in Anchorage. This place if right in the middle of downtown and very conveniently located. Parking is a bit of a hassle though and you have to read the parking placards very carefully. I received a parking ticket for parking 5 minutes before the 5:30 time when the lot is available to the public. I'll admit that I was out of bounds but the city takes the revenue opportunity very seriously, so read the signs carefully if you don't want a ticket. The craft beer selection was very good. Lots of brews to choose from and I believe that between my coworkers and myself, we sampled the gamut. All were quite good. We had the crab and artichoke dip and the calamari to start. While the dip was tasty, there was too much grease, so we didn't finish it. The calamari however; was outstanding. Large, fleshy pieces of fried squid with a crunchy yet light breading. The star of the meal however was the halibut special. This was one of the best pieces of fish I have ever eaten. Cooked absolutely perfectly. It was pepper crusted, served over garlic mashed and then drizzled with a Harissa chili oil, and with wilted spinach and bacon. Yummy! The service while a bit slow, was quite friendly. For those without a reservation, I heard the hostess telling people that the wait was (gasp) 2 hours. Call ahead!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our first meal on our Alaska Adventure after a long day of flights.
We were able to be seated right away...although they were already very busy.
The service was fast and friendly. They had a nice selection of beers and I was able to have a sample before i ordered a pint.

I had the Halibut and my husband had the salmon...both were delicious. My only suggestion was that the bread could be warm.

A great start to our trip.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a late lunch here and enjoyed the fish (cod) and chips along with their blonde beer. I was expecting a bit of a wait due to other reviews but was seated right away. The decor is similar to a lodge feel and the noise does get a bit loud at times. Service was not intrusive and the food was very tasty. Would like to try some of their other menu items on my next visit to Anchorage.

Been to Glacier Brewhouse? Share your experiences!