“Best Pizza and Beer...and Everybody Knows It”

Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 890 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went here twice in three days based on recommendations from brother-in-law and nephew. Pizza is outstanding and the beers were sensational. I love the Stout and Porters. Atmosphere is loud and lively and waits are long. Expect dozens of people outside waiting to get in. However, it is worth the wait and no different than waits I have experienced other establishments in other towns.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great selection of good beer and quality pizza, a must visit place if you are hungry for pizza and/ or need a good beer. Friendly, fast service in a bar restaurant setting that has an up beat pub/sports bar atmosphere. Guaranted to leave full and mellow.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Moose's Tooth offers a fun atmosphere and a large variety of pizza selections. Food was good and service was prompt. However, being an Alaska resident, Serrentos Pizza is much better. Moose's Tooth is for tourist or those who like to drink local beer.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Very wide assortment of pizza and beer. Spent about $60 and got 2 appetizers and 3 pizzas and a metric ton of leftovers. Wife had 'amazing apricot' pizza and was the best thing she has ever had. Also the kids had the chicken Parmesan pizza and it too was excellent. Will definitely be returning when back in anchorage

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Ok.. there are restaurants that are all reputation. Some earned it, some hyped it. This one earns a reputation as a Favorite Restaurant for me!!

We visited The Moose's Tooth for the pizza. Despite a long line waiting to get in, we got seated very quickly. The service was fun and friendly, attentive without being overbearing. But the pizza... ohhhhh The Pizza!! We started with the Moose Ranch Salad (Excellent!), then had a split pizza with half Pesto Supreme and half Wild Mushroom. That was one of my favorite ever pizzas! My half was the pesto... and it had an amazingly delicious crust and absolutely perfection in toppings. We followed that with some very good Key Lime Pie. Ohhhh... Did I mention the Pizza??

I was a bit concerned when I saw the big guy wearing a "Security" shirt that I might get mugged for my pizza, but he assured me I was safe. For a packed pizza place, the noise level wasn't bad. And though prices in Anchorage tend to be on the high side, this meal was a great food value!

If I lived in Anchorage, this would be a regular for me. Without hesitation, I give The Moose's Tooth a 5-star rating!

Do you need a spokesman? WILL WORK FOR MOOSE'S TOOTH PIZZA!