“Outstanding Food & Service!”

Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 891 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Ok.. there are restaurants that are all reputation. Some earned it, some hyped it. This one earns a reputation as a Favorite Restaurant for me!!

We visited The Moose's Tooth for the pizza. Despite a long line waiting to get in, we got seated very quickly. The service was fun and friendly, attentive without being overbearing. But the pizza... ohhhhh The Pizza!! We started with the Moose Ranch Salad (Excellent!), then had a split pizza with half Pesto Supreme and half Wild Mushroom. That was one of my favorite ever pizzas! My half was the pesto... and it had an amazingly delicious crust and absolutely perfection in toppings. We followed that with some very good Key Lime Pie. Ohhhh... Did I mention the Pizza??

I was a bit concerned when I saw the big guy wearing a "Security" shirt that I might get mugged for my pizza, but he assured me I was safe. For a packed pizza place, the noise level wasn't bad. And though prices in Anchorage tend to be on the high side, this meal was a great food value!

If I lived in Anchorage, this would be a regular for me. Without hesitation, I give The Moose's Tooth a 5-star rating!

Do you need a spokesman? WILL WORK FOR MOOSE'S TOOTH PIZZA!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great pizza and big selection of local beers on draught! Get's busy, but its part of the fun to people watch! great waitstaff, friendly and courteous!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved the pizza here, but would recommend ordering to go during tourist season since the wait can get really long.

1  Thank HilzDallas_Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you are in or around Anchorage, this is a must stop. We ate lunch and got there on a weekday around 1:00pm. The wait was about 15 minutes for a table. Make sure you get there early because everyone likes this place! We ordered a medium pizza (half chicken Parmesan and half avalanche). It was delicious and so big we took the rest home for dinner! Also, we had one of their hand crafted Root Beers..excellent. The service was great too!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Once again, the Moose's Tooth lives to it's high standards! Expect to wait (most of the time) for a table, but it is well worth it. We take all of our out of town travelers to Moose's Tooth right from the airport. The Santa's Little Helper pizza and the Brewhouse Special (uses Denali sauce vs. tomato sauce) were incredible, as usual. I tried the homemade root beer - it was very good as well. Our server was incredibly patient (we had little ones with us) and was very attentive to our large group.