“Great Pizza and Great Atmosphere Right in Anchorage!”

Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 897 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We made our first visit to Moose's Tooth after we picked up my parents at the airport in Anchorage. It was around 1pm, and the place was packed, but after a quick 15 minute wait we were seated. There are about a thousand choices of pizzas, in addition to make your own. Right after we ordered, I get a call from Bank of America. I go outside to take the call and the 2012 version of the Salem Witch trail begins via cell phone. After 30 minutes of probing questions about my security questions, what purchases I had made where, and being placed on hold only to have my call dropped and to have to begin again, I FINALLY found out that my bank card had been cancelled due to hackers online. 50 or so minutes later, I finally was able to go back into the Moose's Tooth and eat my salad and now stone cold pizza (NO fault of the restaurant!).

Obviously at this point my dining experience was ruined, not by the Moose's Tooth, but by Hacker's Anonymous. That said, even cold it was excellent, so I'm sure that it would have been terrific hot. My wife and my parents said theirs was "excellent" and "superb", and my dad can be a tough person to impress when it comes to pizza. The salad I had was HUGE, and large sodas to boot. The interior decor was warm and dark and very comfortable. Would definitely recommend a visit to the Moose's Tooth when visiting Anchorage!

1  Thank WalleyeLJ
Write a ReviewReviews (3,714)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is very popular, for good reason. The pizza is great but we had to wait about 45 minutes for a table for five and that was for an early dinner, we arrived before 6pm.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We asked where to eat in town and it was suggested we go to the Moose's Tooth for pizza. Wow was it packed and we waited about 30 or 40 minutes. The pizza was worth the wait. They have many specialty pizzas and they allow you to get half of one and half of another type. I had a gyro pizza on one half and a buffalo spicy chicken on the other. We all had half/half pizzas and we loved the options and the flavors.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The best in anchorage for innovative toppings and combos. Great beer great salads and incredible pizza. Be ready to wait for a table but well worth it

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I generally eat here once or twice on a trip up. Great pizza, some really great beers, and a good root beer for those wanting a "softer" choice. Be prepared for a wait…less than 45 minutes it's worth it. Try off times.