“I love this place!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I live in Anchorage. I love this place. The pizzas are outstanding and the beer is amazing. I says beer because I only drink the Raspberry Wheat. Yum.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,594)

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Apparently this is the place to be in anchorage. Tried to stop in for dinner before plane left and had to wait 20 minutes to get seats. The people just keep piling in. Good beer and food. If u can get in do it.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is not only a place where tourist go, but it is a favorite among the locals and I can see why. They make their own beer (which I sampled) and gourmet pizzas. They also have other items. We arrived at 5:00 on a Friday and it was already packed with a fifty minute wait. WE do not wait at restaurants, but this one came highly recommended by several people so we decided to have a beer ( or two) and wait. Service was great and the food extremely good. We didn't order a pizza with unfamiliar toppings as we would normally because my husband was running the marathon the next day and we didn't want to temp any stomach issues. We had a pepperoni deluxe. My youngest son had a cheese pizza and my older son had wings. We were all pleasantly pleased with our meals. We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews we stopped by this place for dinner. When we had gotten there we were told it was going to be approximately 1 hour wait. I figure it must be worth waiting for...glad we did. The actual wait time was 30 minutes. We ordered the cheesy breadsticks for appetizers. That alone is enough to fill you up. We also had sampled a variety of their beers. Had to try their rootbeer because a lot of people were leaving the restaurant with their glass jugs filled with rootbeer or cream soda. The rootbeer was good. We got our pizza pretty quickly...it was good but a lil greasy on top. All in all it was well worth the stop for some good pizza. Would love to try their other pizzas/foods they have available.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We came here while visiting some friends in Anchorage and had a great time here at Moose's Tooth. The food was good (not the best pizza ever, but hey, I'm half-Italian [the real kind]) and the beer is excellent (the other half is Bavarian, so I know what I'm talking about ;-)). We had some sort of beer with apple if i remember correctly and a salad to start off with. The only reason I am not giving out 5 Stars is that the bartender simply forgot the beer I had paid while we had to wait (which we know was going to happen, so not taking anything off for that) and never gave it to me. Oh well, $6 tip.
Other than that: totally recommendable.