“great sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 17, 2012

all dishes have been consistently good over the years-service is friendly and the menu is varied-something for everyone

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The sushi and pork dumplings were delicious!!!The salmon box was great!!. Wait staff very helpful and the salmon was very good!! a little expensive but worth it.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I go to this restaurant at least twice every time i"m in Anchorage. The gyoza are particularly thin and good though the halibut tempura this time was overdone. Wait staff always friendly. I like the Japanese draft beers. Good hours - they serve at least til 9 or 10, which is great when it's light so late.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went to eat here on my first day and was hooked. Went back twice during my 4 day stay! Spicy salmon sushi and cucumber sushi were a perfect blend. Also liked the noodle dishes. Curry was hot, but I wish I had had sushi again. Really nice atmosphere and love the money plants hanging from the ceiling. Nice touch.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We chose Kumagoro because it was directly across from the Visitor Center and it was a cold day so we didn't want to walk far for food. I was pleasantly surprised with this place. I'm not sure what i was expecting and wasn't sure if the food would be fake-asian food. We ordered from the lunch menu and really enjoyed it. It's not the best Asian food but I think it's pretty good for all the way here in Alaska and the price was also good. I saw some other customers in the restaurant who ordered sushi and I think those prices were higher so maybe the value for money is not as good, but for us, we ordered the Katsujo and the chicken yakisoba, which the waitress told us they made the noodles themselves. The food was tasty and the portion size was filling. Our waitress did not talk very much but I don't think she was unfriendly. I would recommend this restaurant - try the lunch menu if you are looking to pay reasonable prices and want a decent amount of tasty food.