“Nice place.”
Review of Southside Bistro

Southside Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Southside Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 896 Restaurants in Anchorage
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Huffman Carrs
Transit: Public People mover bus service stops right in front.
Description: Fun, Fresh Food
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We love to go their and take our employees to lunch. They offer a few different items than the normal and have great daily specials. This time we went for dinner. It's always great. Wonderful service and great wines.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a waiter in another restaurant, and I know why. It is wonderful. Very creative menu, excellent wine list, first class service and the food was really special. It's in the corner of a shopping center and definitely not an easy place to find if you are a tourist downtown, but it sure is worth the effort. This place is a cut above in every regard. Best dinner of our 2 weeks in Alaska.

1  Thank Old_Map_Keeper
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Nestled in a strip mall, you'd never expect this bistro with the rooster sign to be as great as it is. My wife and I often have lunch and occasionally special dinners here. The Maitre d', JP, recognizes us by face and always makes friendly conversation while showing us back to our favorite table. Dan is usually our server and he automatically brings out our drinks with accoutrements, and provides suggestions based on our recent visits. Dan has even suggested a modification to the mussels in saffron creme so that I can try it with clams instead. The resulting clams in saffron creme is now my favorite off-menu appetizer. He knows how we like our food and regularly checks up on all of his diners. All of the employees here make this place stand out as something much bigger than what is visible from the outside. This bistro is truly a class act and I'm glad we found it.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

As always, enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Bistro. The food, staff & wine pairings were palette perfect.

1  Thank Tami T
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I’m a little bit obsessed with fried calamari. From the first time I ordered it decades ago in a little restaurant in the Village, I have always tried to find a match to how well-prepared that dish was. Granted I’m not in NYC anymore, but the calamari appetizer at Southside Bistro is a perfection of buttery garlic and other seasonings, lightly crispy and mounded high on the dish; enough for several people to share. For dinner, we all ordered off the specials menu. My seared tuna was very good, with fresh asparagus, carrot and zucchini and a scoop of jasmine rice. Next time, I am just going to order the calamari as my entrée, and keep it all to myself. No sharing. Other things of note: crowded, a little noisy, top notch service, a great wine list, and just a great place to dine. Love this restaurant.