“Overcooked fish”

Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 890 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 4th and 5th
Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
Description: Daily Happy Hour: 3-6pm & 9-Close. Known by the locals simply as "Simon's," we are an Anchorage landmark with beautiful panoramic views overlooking Cook Inlet of Mount Susitna and the Alaska Range giving guests a true Alaska dining experience. Our classic American grill has been artfully serving quality USDA prime-aged steak, fresh and innovative seafood since 1978. Chef James Sheppard has worked at Simon & Seafort's for 16 years and is an expert at preparing Alaska seafood. Crab stuffed Alaska halibut, Asiago crusted Halibut Cheeks, Wild Alaska salmon and rock salt roasted prime rib. Take advantage of our two hours of validated parking in the Captain Cook garage and enjoy a daily lunch, dinner or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our inviting and spacious dining room. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests and see why we are known locally for the best view and best seafood in Anchorage.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I are visiting Anchorage this week. We have been looking forward to great fish. We were told that Simon and Seafort's was known for their fish. We ate there two night ago. I had Halibut cheeks($34) and my wife had Salmon($28). Both fish were cooked until they were tough and rubbery. We should have sent them back as they were nearly inedible.
I am returning to Anchorage in Nov and again in Dec and I will not be going back for pricey overcooked fish.

Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Savannahdoctor,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide your feedback. We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to take your comments to our chefs.

Best - The Simon's Team

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived around 7:30pm, and were lucky to get a table with a window view, just vacated by early diners. This is a very professional place, with well-experienced staff and a menu that has some interesting choices in seafood. I was going to go with the halibut cheeks, and our server suggested they could do a half and half with the halibut cheeks, and the crab-stuffed halibut. It was a great dish, and I couldn't have been happier. My beloved chose the grilled jumbo prawns, and was also extremely happy with that choice. My only beef was with our after-dinner coffees. I cannot tolerate caffeine at night, and ordered decaf. When the coffees came to the table, I questioned that mine was a decaf, and was told it was. Well, I think I got to sleep around 5:00 am that morning, and I am positive I was given regular coffee. Listen up! When people ask for decaf coffee, it isn't because of some desire to make life more difficult for their server. Aaaargh!

Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Rob_Anne,

Thank you for the feedback and great review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. I apologize about the coffee and will be sure to address this with our staff.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Our group of 8 had a very enjoyable dinner as the wait staff was attentive without being "in your face." Being a steak person, I knew I had to try the Alaskan Salmon. For someone who does not eat a lot of fish, this was outstanding and would definitely order it again. I was surprised as to how busy it was on a Monday evening, which is a testament to the quality of the food.

Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

mikem18,

Thanks so much for the kind words and review. Happy to hear we made a salmon lover out of you!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food was fine, and the location nice. But I have been to many "sea front" restaurants that are just like this, seemingly formulaic and not all that interesting. But the food was fine, albeit on the pricey side for what we got. But it was not, as they say in the Michelin guides. worth a detour.

1  Thank steve g
Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

steve g,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We take our food seriously and make almost everything from scratch. I'm sorry to hear it didn't live up to your expectations.

I will be sure to use your feedback to continue to improve our operations and guest experience. We hope to serve you again soon.

Best - The Simon's Team

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had a terrific lunch here with a friend who lives locally. Has a great atmosphere and good service. Not a place for young kids, though. Try the creme brûlée! Absolutely delicious!

Matton B, Guest Relations Manager at Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

TravelsALot1192,

Thanks for the great review. Happy to hear you had a great time at Simon's.