“Fresh, fresh, fresh!!”

Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 889 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 4th and 5th
Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
Description: Daily Happy Hour: 3-6pm & 9-Close. Known by the locals simply as "Simon's," we are an Anchorage landmark with beautiful panoramic views overlooking Cook Inlet of Mount Susitna and the Alaska Range giving guests a true Alaska dining experience. Our classic American grill has been artfully serving quality USDA prime-aged steak, fresh and innovative seafood since 1978. Chef James Sheppard has worked at Simon & Seafort's for 16 years and is an expert at preparing Alaska seafood. Crab stuffed Alaska halibut, Asiago crusted Halibut Cheeks, Wild Alaska salmon and rock salt roasted prime rib. Take advantage of our two hours of validated parking in the Captain Cook garage and enjoy a daily lunch, dinner or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our inviting and spacious dining room. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests and see why we are known locally for the best view and best seafood in Anchorage.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved this restaurant! We dined here with a co worker. It was amazing from the service to the food to the atmosphere! The Halibut cheeks and seafood stuffed Halibut that we had with a side of the crab legs was divine! This is a must go if you want to head out to a nice upper scale restaurant for the evening. Reservations are definitely recommended! And worth it!! Will definitely go again next time I'm in town.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our tour group of 18 had a reservation for the dining room, and most of us got seated right away, but some members ended up sitting at a separate table. The place was packed and pretty noisy at 7:30 pm or so on a Tuesday evening, and, as noted by other reviewers, ventilation was not ideal. Service was OK, with one wait staff member for our group. Food was excellent, though.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I dined alone in the Saloon and was very impressed with the service and food. The atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed, which always means a lot when dining solo. Arriving early, I was lucky to be able to grab a table close to the windows, especially as it was a busy evening. I had never had halibut cheeks before, but upon recommendation from my server gave it a shot. What a great choice! I would go back just to eat that again. I came to Simon and Seafort's on recommendation from a friend who lives in Anchorage, and I think she did well on suggesting an excellent place to get seafood. Although it was only me, with an appetizer, full dinner, and dessert, I racked up a bill. But, if I wanted to spend less money, I could have easily been satisfied with just an appetizer or sandwich. Special kudos to Timothy, my server, who was always attentive and helpful, which sometimes you don't get as a table of one.

Matton B, Manager at Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Lcrow 7,

I was disappointed to hear about your experience. That is unusual for our restaurant. We have addressed the issue. I hope we see you on your next visit.

Cheers,

Robert Kilby
Simon & Seafort's
907-274-3502

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The seafood at Simon & Seafort is to die for...! If you like Oysters, you cant go wrong selecting any of the appetizers and dont forget about the halibut and salmon! It is always packed, so make a reservation!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a short time for lunch and had heard that Simon & Seaforts was the place to go. Nice view from most tables, luncheon specials were reasonably priced service was swift and efficient but most of all the food was GREAT! From start to finish including the warm sourdough bread served first right through the wonderfully fresh steamed clams and broth it didn't disappoint. They say dinners are even better I believe it!