“High quality brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“High quality brunch”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Arriving hungry from an early morning flight to Anchorage we were delighted to find this cafe just a few blocks from our hotel (The Captain Cook). Having looked at TA reviews beforehand I was not surprised by the numbers waiting well before 10 am. It was about 20 minutes before a table for 2 was free (it seemed to me that there were more tables for bigger parties) but it was certainly worth the wait.

My Eggs Benedict was as good as I've tasted anywhere: perfectly poached eggs, a good house-made hollandaise, thick bacon and an English muffin plus the best hash browns I've ever eaten. This was a substantial plateful as was my wife's french toast with raspberry butter, maple syrup and a side of Canadian bacon. With a wide variety of good coffees, we opted for a cappuccino and a Kaladi latte respectively. We had no appetite for anything more which was unfortunate since the cakes looked equally appealing.

The cafe itself is well lit and brightly painted with an exhibition of a local artist's prints adding even more vivid colour to the room. It took a little while before our food arrived because of the numbers eating but our excellent server, Jed D, was apologetic and kept us informed as to how things were going, wait-wise.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Sacramento, California
“Recommend, worth the wait”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Only ate breakfast there, twice, both times quite yummy. Coffee strong, staff very friendly. The Alaskan version of Chilaquiles was my favorite.

Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food; nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went to Alaska on our honeymoon and actually wound up eating at Snow City a total of three times. Their breakfasts are excellent (reindeer sausage, anyone?) and they have some really great drinks for people like me who take some coffee with their sugar. :) The artwork was really fun and atmosphere is great. Their hash browns are cooked in a special pan that is only for potato, so they are really soft on the inside and totally delicious, with a light garlic seasoning. My favorite breakfasts are the heart attack on a plate, and the tundra scramble (with reindeer sausage). Just make reservations because they fill up fast! And make sure you've got time to savor your delicious meal--service is slow and deliberate.

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have never had a bad meal there and the beer is always cold. Good atmosphere always feel welcomed.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Slow service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I went here for breakfast and told them I only had 30 minutes. I was seated & ordered breakfast and juice & coffee to go. 30 minutes later I walked out having had a juice & the coffee but no breakfast as they still had not served it. Very disappointing!

2 Thank Cakebreadt
snowcitycindy, Manager at Snow City Cafe, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. It is very disappointing to hear that you were not able to get your breakfast in the time that you had allotted. I see that you are not from the area -- I would have like to invite you back to give us a second shot. I can only apologize for our lack of timeliness. I hope you had a good trip and if you are back in the area, please give us another try.

Jacindra Franks