“Cool vibe from a breakfast joint”
Review of Snow City Cafe

Snow City Cafe
Ranked #3 of 878 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Seattle, Washington
“Cool vibe from a breakfast joint”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first time visiting Anchorage and Snow City Cafe was definitely a place to stop at to enjoy breakfast. The atmosphere is really chill, with cute little mugs friendly staff. I had the stuffed french toast and it was delicious! I will definitely be back to Snow City Cafe when I visit Anchorage again.

• Korean first
“Should be rated higher”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Well I waited two days to eat here and I was not disappointed. I ate an amazing breakfast and my family destroyed theirs as well. This is a must must must. The word on the street is on the weekends it's a pretty long wait but Monday morning . Pick a weekday if you can. Service was pretty good too

A TripAdvisor Member
“Met my expectations and more”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Given the reviews on trip advisor I was super excited to try the Snow City Cafe. I went outside of my bacon and eggs comfort zone and got the Deadliest Catch Benedict... Super delicious! My kids loved the French toast ( that was brought to them first before adult meals--loved that!!). We will be back next time we are in Anchorage for sure!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marine City, Michigan
“This is where you want to go for breakfast.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stopped in Snow Cafe for breakfast on a Sunday mid-morning. The place was very busy. Always a good sign. I was able to sit immediately at the counter to avoid the wait, which appeared to be 30-40 minutes. The atmosphere is diner all the way. Service was prompt and sincerely friendly. The coffee was a cut above standard breakfast blends with a creamer and raw sugar in lieu of plastic cream cups and refined white sugar. Definitely the little extras to make the place special.

I had the b.o.b. (best of both) eggs Benedict. The fresh spinach really added freshness to a very good breakfast entree cooked just right with eggs poached easy. The real surprise was the hash brown potatoes. They are just exceptional. A shredded potato patty that is browned outside with a
soft, moist center. I tasted a hint of garlic and an almost smoky flavor I can't put a finger on. Incredibly good hash browns.

I was out the door for a $20. That did include a generous tip because the waitress deserved it. She was just the type of friendly and helpful server you like to see behind a counter in a diner. Most breakfast entrees were in the $10-$15 range but this is fresh cooked in house menu items and well worth it. I had a conversation with another guy at the counter that said his pancakes, eggs and sausage was as good as it gets. The pancakes are the size of a plate and smelled and looked great.

I will go there again next time in Anchorage. It's right around the corner from the Captain Cook Hotel,on 4th. St. so an easy walk from most downtown hotels. If traveling solo, or maybe a couple you might snag seats at the counter. If a family or group, anticipate a bit of a wait. The place is popular. The service is pretty fast though, and fairly large. There is a place to wait inside so no big deal. You can also order a coffee drink while waiting. I watched a lot of folks just visiting while sipping espresso drinks during their wait.

Take the walk, get your name on the list, order an Americano while waiting a few minutes to be seated for a great breakfast. I will be back for sure. The Snow Cafe one of those "no-brainer" choices.

Denver, Colorado
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Absolutely the Went there twice on my stabreakfast hands down. Recc multigrain french toast and reindeer and service was great both times, Fast, may have to wait for a table but worth it.,