“If breakfast is your favorite meal, you'll enjoy this place.”
Review of Snow City Cafe

Snow City Cafe
Ranked #3 of 889 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sunny side up since 1998! We're a popular downtown brunch spot where the staff is friendly, the food is tasty, and breakfast is served all day. Our mission is to use the freshest ingredients available and buy from local vendors whenever we can. Most everything we serve is made from scratch, and with plenty of love. We care about good food, our community, the environment, and making people happy. We offer a variety of vegan & gluten-free options, as well as a range of healthy choices, such as egg whites, fat-free cooking spray, or a side of fruit instead of hash browns. Substitutions are welcome. Come check us out, and see why Anchorage locals have voted us "Best Breakfast" in the Anchorage Press since 2003! Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with our handle @snowcitycafe!
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

The first morning of our Alaska adventure we found this place close to our hotel. It opened at 7:00a.m. We were the second group in the door. In less than ten minutes the place was full. I'm glad they focused on good food and not fancy decor. Everyone in our group enjoyed their choices. Reindeer sausage, man-hole sized pancakes, stuffed french toast with raspberry butter all were great. They make their own peanut butter the jelly was homemade too.
I'd go again if they'd open in my snow city, Minneapolis.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I are from Portland, OR and I think we've been spoiled when it comes to good restaurant food choices, especially vegan options. We ate at Snow City Cafe for lunch today, and it was pretty good, but nothing special. I had a bowl of lentil veggie soup, and my husband had a garden salad sandwich. It wasn't gross, just nothing special, and I am learning that may be true for most places in Anchorage. Anyway, I would reccomend for an inexpensive lunch spot that tastes pretty good.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had heard good things, but the day we went, it was underwhelming. Maybe we we hit it on a bad day. The sloppy joe was ok, just ok. The cole slaw tasted horrible. The service was slow, one of our party waited 25 minutes for a quesadilla. Hmm. None of us finished our food. Just couldn't get into it.

1  Thank K M
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Be prepared to wait - this place is obviously v. popular, but for good reason! I went here for brunch on a Friday morning and had to wait about 20 minutes for a seat. I had a really nice granola and yoghurt parfait with fresh fruit, tea, English muffin and juice. The service was great, the whole thing cost less than $15 and the food was lovely. I will make a point of going back here next time I'm in anchorage.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by the locals who said it is the "in" place to have breakfast. They were right!
The breakfast entrees were creative and delicious. I enjoyed the Ship Creek Benedict which featured poached eggs over salmon cakes with a homemade hollendaise sauce. My husband had an egg scramble with reindeer sausage and veggies. He loved his dish also.
Atmosphere is cute and service is great! The day we had breakfast there, the Food Network was filming for an upcoming episode. They too had heard how great the food was!
Tip: Make reservations! If you don't, you will probably wait for at least 45 minutes - even on a weekday - It is that good!