All reviews room was clean lower states kenai peninsula airport internet
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The rate for this hotel was as much or more than other, nicer hotels. The room had no microwave or refrigerator. We were told these items are only provided in the lower 48 states, yet every other hotel we stayed in, even small ones, provided both. The room was sufficient, but sounds from all over the building could be heard all night. The only positive was the shuttle with a wonderful driver. I would recommend staying in a different hotel in Anchorage. This was the only hotel in Alaska that photocopied IDs as well. It seemed sketchy to me. The front desk staff behaved as though they were doing us a favor letting us stay there (despite many other good choices nearby). I didn't book this reservation and would have been inclined to book elsewhere; my instincts would have been correct.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Jak, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

I have been staying at this Motel 6 for 8 years in a row. Don't know what happened, but it has turned into a dump. The rooms were dirty, smelled like cigarette smoke, lost our reservations, rooms weren't ready, most of the guests looked like anchorage street bums.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Dear Bentaken, Thank you for your feedback. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservation and the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort concerns you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

This may be considered a "1 star" motel, but my experience was positive. It was easy to access & close by the airport; room was clean; bed was comfortable.

Staff were beyond professional & patient. We booked our reservation several months ago thru Expedia. We arrived at the motel around 10 pm after over a 5 hour flight, only to find Expedia had never booked our rooms & all rooms were booked! After talking to several Expedia staff who did nothing but talk circles & tried to blame the motel, motel staff found they had smoking rooms available (we had requested non-smoking). This was a very stressful situation & was not quickly resolved. As I stated, Expedia did not assist us but the Motel 6 staff were very patient & polite to us. I would like to especially recognize the great job Sara, the Front Desk Receptionist, did handling the situation. I certainly will use a Motel 6 again in my travels, but never Expedia. Thank you, Sara.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Anchorage. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our Team!

Thank you again for sharing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2017

My room was at the end of the hall, clean, quiet, had a king size bed, updated decor, right temperature, and a big screen TV. There is a thermostat and an air conditioner.
I live on the Kenai Peninsula and drove 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours to Anchorage. On my reservations, I had noted that I would arrive between 8 pm. and 9 pm. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Room at the end of the hall, very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell u about your experience at the Motel 6 Anchorage. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

I checked into Motel 6 Midtown, Inside clean, staff very friendly but your usual smokers who congregate around the front door outside have left their telltale signs of cigarette butts all over the approach to the front of the motel. Bed was comfy and clean. Drunks returning around midnight 2 nights running was noisy. Internet was really bad. Kept getting kicked off internet anytime day or night. Only stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: There is no good view or better side. If you are there on business, they will need to upgrade their internet service.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo