“I LOVE the pork chops!”

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed March 6, 2013

And also the lettuce wedge with plenty of bleu cheese...oh, and their famous baked sweet potatoes w/honey butter and cinnamon. Hubby usually gets a nice thick steak, grilled just right. Appetizers are yummy. Never tried dessert - the real food is too good. Oh! Their bread is wunderbar!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Yes, the food was very good... like it always has been when I eat at other Lone Stars. I also like the decor. Great service too.

1  Thank Traveler1MM
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Unlike the previous reviewer I had a great dining experience tonight at this restaurant. The place was maybe half full and I opted for a high top in the bar so I could watch a basketball game. The bartender suggested a great beer and informed me that ribeye and porterhouse steaks came with five free shrimp! Either they had lots of extra steaks or shrimp. I chose the porterhouse, medium rare. It was very good. And I know steaks, having worked as a butcher in college. Cooked to order, medium rare, and mated with steamed spinach I cannot fault this restaurant. No, it isn't five star prime Kobe beef but for the price it was a very good value and as I have eaten there before on previous trips to Anchorage I will plan on doing so again.

I was in at 710 pm and out at 748 pm. How is that for quick service for a great meal?

1  Thank Ron L
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My family went to this Lone Star in Anchorage on our last day of our trip. There was 5 adults and 2 children. They were not busy. It took more than an hour to get our food - the service was lousy. When they brought the food they dropped part of it on the floor and never brought a replacement - at least they didn't serve it off the floor! The food was cold, orders were wrong and it was a terrible experience. We told the manager and he comped a child's meal - REALLY??!!?? $5.00 off a $125 HORRIBLE MEAL! Never eat at this restaurant!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Still pretty good, though has declined a bit. The Loaded Baked Potato soup is a favorite, and thankfully has not changed. Sadly, for a "steakhouse" they have trouble differentiating between "medium" and "medium well" when cooking the meat. They ask you to cut into your steaks when they deliver them like you are going to do something if they walk away. They took so long to arrive, I just accepted it as fine, since I really didn't want to wait around another 45 minutes for a second go. I had ordered the spinach as a side and while it looked like something from my gutter, it was actually very good.

Another annoyance (as alone, it would not deter me from returning) was one of the specials. I inquired as to the availability of substitution of the available soup and salad rather than the fat laden appetizer (which is more expensive and they would come out on top of the deal.) I was told that there were strictly no substitutes, even with items offered as choices on the printed special. Disappointing.

Overall flavor was good, service not so great.