Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown
Ranked #53 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Can't say this experience at another Extended Stay was anything special. Odd room layout, especially for the front room which really seemed cramped. Liked that it had a separate bedroom, and the bathroom was also spacious. WiFi was good, furniture a little dated and in need of upgrading. Hotel facility was fairly clean, though the front desk area was very small. This was also where the morning "breakfast" fair was put out (some granola bars and muffins, fruit). Far enough away from downtown that it was pretty quiet, but close enough to everything else that it was worth the few minutes of drive time, but realize that Anchorage isn't all that big of an area either. Loved the staff.

Room Tip: Book off season or before early May for the cheaper rates and prices all around - Alaska is pretty p...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Robert - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will use it to make changes to our brand which will help to improve our guest’s experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will let us host you again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in downtown extended stay and 2 nights in midtown extended stay in Mar 2014. This was best out of 2 locations. It's little far from downtown but has good restaurants, grocery shops in walking distance. Rooms were very clean, have separate sitting area and a bedroom, good for families. We didn't really care for pick n go breakfast as we're health conscious and like freshly made breakfast. We picked up some food from nearby grocery store and made our own breakfast in room. Kitchenette really came in handy.Staff was very courteous and made us feel welcome. Definitely much better than their downtown location.

Room Tip: Walk to nearby healthy grocery store 'New Sagaya'. They have bakery and freshly made food se...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suMountainLover
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our courteous, welcoming staff during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs; however, it's great to hear that you were able to take advantage of your fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for your great feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed in this location for about 45 days. The staff was always friendly even in the middle of the night. I was surprised by how quiet and clean the rooms were. Anchorage is a rough town, but the manager did a great job keeping the hotel quiet and safe. Thank you! Grab and Go breakfast is simple but perfect. All essentials were there and in place. No complaints! Great place to start all your Alaska adventures. Main roads are close, and the entrance and exit to the hotel are very easy. Parking lot was well taken care of, which in Alaska is a big deal. I have friends and family coming into town soon and I will definitely direct their stay to this place. Want to say a big Thank You to Tim and Beth for making my stay great. THANK YOU!!
B. Bills

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BillsB405
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I booked though Priceline and the posting said shuttle until 1:30 am. I needed the late shuttle because of my flight. The shuttle service actually ended at 8 pm but the manager reimbursed me for my taxi. I appreciate the great service.

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great place to stay . Great value , clean,quiet,comfortable rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful . A special thanks to Beth Mcintosh for her patience in working with me on the room rate and for her knowledge of the local place's to dine and visit. Thanks again for a great stay . D. Taylor

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m happy to hear that we provided you with a clean, quiet and comfortable stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was a little disappointed here during this stay. ESA is just an average place overall but I found their centrally controlled heating to be overbearing and way too warm. When I asked how to lower my room heat, the help came in and opened my window and turned on the central fan. Mind you, this was in almost 0 degree weather. Upon leaving I found dirty under clothing under the bed and enough dust bunnies to stuff a good size pet.

Room Tip: Check the rooms cleanliness before staying.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David W
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed here before and it was kind of run down, but to my surprise it fresh paint and new carpeting throughout. Friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. The only negative I saw was that the treadmill was broken. I'll be back

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Cliff – Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and our friendly staff. Still, I apologize that the treadmill was broken during your visit with us. I will have our maintenance staff address this issue right away. We look forward to hosting you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.