“Homecooking at its' best & don't leave without pie”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #383 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a great local place that has been around for years, and it is well maintained and managed. Great home cooking - the Shepherd Pie has pot roast which was amazing. My husband had the smothered chicken. I had strawberry Rubarb pie - the crust was so flaky. Yum!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had heard this location was newly remodeled so we went to check it out. It was very nicely done. I love multi grain pancakes so I was pleased to see them as part of their V.I.B. menu. (You choose four items from four categories to create your breakfast.) I like that. I ordered two eggs, sausage patty, fresh fruit and 2 multigrain pancakes. The eggs were cooked perfectly, fruit fresh fine and the sausage patty good. The pancakes were not good. Gummy and heavy and not tasty at all. Next time I'll stick with English muffins.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I come to this diner regularly for breakfast. I am appalled at how filthy the Dimond location is. Every inch of every piece of window & glass partition is utterly filthy. Always. I have never seen these clean. The crevices of the benches are full of grime, food and dirt. I doubt this ever gets vacuumed or cleaned out. The wait staff/food tray racks & holders are always utterly filthy. The service is great, the coffee good, the food is edible. I cannot understand why this place is so completely filthy every time I come in. The table tops are always cleaned but nothing else is. I am sure just crawling with germs. Even the front doors are never cleaned. All of these surfaces should be wiped down and cleaned regularly. I have attempted numerous times to contact corporate and short of placing a phone call or writing a letter, there is no way to contact corporate.

2  Thank snowbirds259
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Tried eating at Village Inn on Northern Lights and once again the service was terrible. They are so under-staffed we seated ourselves because the woman at the front counter was too busy making hot drinks and seeing to people paying their bill. We sat there for quite a while and no one waited on us. We got up and left. My spouse stayed up front for several minutes to speak with a manager and he seemed to not care that they had lost our business. In the past we have enjoyed the food at Village Inn but it is not worth the hassle to have such poor service experiences. You need the patience of a saint to eat at this Village Inn.

2  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had eaten at a Village Inn in Oregon and loved it! I was so excited to see one here that my husband and I drove in from the valley for breakfast one weekend. The people were so friendly - we were welcomed warmly and seated right away. The place was very nice and clean. I ordered the same eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon that I ordered before. I couldn't put my finger on what the difference was but the meal was just fine, good but not over-the-top good. My pumpkin pancakes were sad little flat things and I take responsibility for not sending them back; I'm sure they would have remade them. We'll eat here again for sure but no more special trips for breakfast.