“Was nice”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 17, 2014

After a long day at work was looking for a comfortable, familiar, easy decision place to eat. Saw the Glacial size sign from the adjacent road and had an easy answer. Service was great. I usually get the lamb but wanted to try the steak that night. Was a nice cut of meat, opted for the smaller size and now know to follow my intuition better. Should have gone for the size up. Salad was good. Lots of on tap selections, especially local options and all the staff were very accommodating. Would reccomend to eat here any time. Was more than average but not exactly very good as the meal aside from the size of the stake could have been a little more flavorful.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed nearby and came here for a light dinner one night. While I don't frequent Outback I have been to a number of other Outback restaurants in the lower 48.

Found the service quite slow - both by our waitress as well as food from the kitchen. The food was less than stellar almost as if it had been hastily prepared. With so many other great eating establishments in Anchorage we're sad that we wasted our time here.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

It took litterally 15 ans having to ask hostess twice to get a waiter to come by. Then it actualy went down hill. No drink refills. The oroginal waiter camw back 1 other time. Our food was dry and bad. We were there for 2 hiurs waiting for the nightmare to be over. The manager was apoligetic. We got the "meal" free.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for an early dinner on our way to the airport for our flight back east. When we arrived we were told there would be a wait, despite the restaurant being half empty. We opted to sit in the bar area instead. Our server was friendly, but that's about it for good comments, The bread was not hot, and when we put butter on it, it did not melt. We both ordered salads and those came out fairly quickly. My husband ordered a steak and jacket potato and I had the fried shrimp. I watched as guests who ordered after us received their food before we did. Our server walked by and softly said she would check on our food. Our order came out a short time later. My husband's food was not very hot and while some of my shrimp were hot, others were not. There was also quite a bit of grease on my plate, so the shrimp on the bottom were quite greasy and I had to pull the coating off before eating them. Our server did not come back to ask how our food was.

We eat at Outback locations all over the US quite regularly, but things seem to be going downhill. Maybe they are relying too heavily on what was their good name.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The WOW says it all. Unbelievable steak and shrimp combo. Best steak, if not ever, next to it. Shrimp Scampi was magnificent. Wait staff and hosts excellent. Wished I lived here , would visit a lot!!!