“Third time is not a charm.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bagel Factory

The Bagel Factory
Ranked #11 of 17 Bakeries in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bagel Factory makes delicious bagels, fresh every day. They have a wide variety of breakfast and lunch items. Their food ranges from a hearty breakfast burrito to a light meal of bagel bites.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Third time is not a charm.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I used to eat at this restaurant a lot as it was close to my work and the food was fairly good. I tried it twice in the last year with disappointing results. Today, it was on my way home and my daughter and I just wanted something fast and light. We arrived at approximately 12:50-still lunch time. The place had about 5-7 people there-not crowded. That should have been a sign! We seated ourselves and waited 10 minutes to even get water. and menus. The lone waitress finally came and took our order. By this time it was 1:15. We should have just left then but ... At 1:40 the waitress came to tell me that they didn't have the kind of bagel I had ordered for my sandwich. At that point I told her to skip it as we had a 2 pm appointment that we needed to get to. All in all, the service was poor and I can't tell you anything about the food because we couldn't get any. I won't go back and can't recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank OT1Kanobi

Clayton, New York
“Very average yet high-priced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I took my children there for lunch on someone else's recommendation. The children ordered bagel sandwiches, which were fine. I tried to order a chili bowl.

However, the waitress told me that they didn't have chili bowls since it was late in the day (1:30 pm is late?). In a pinch, I ordered chicken Caesar salad (for lack of anything else to order). When it came, it was very ordinary. Iceberg lettuce, commercial salad dressing and unseasoned chicken pieces which I barely touched. However, the salad wasn't inexpensive. The cook must labor pretty hard over its preparation.

When the owner (I assume) came by and asked why there was a chili bowl on the bill that I didn't have on the table, I told her what the waitress said. The owner said that they, in fact, still had chili bowls and would I like one. (Too late now.) Obviously, by the half eaten salad in front of me, I bought something I didn't want or enjoy.

The bill was pretty stiff for a run-of-the-mill bagel shop with poorly trained service and oblivious customer courtesy.

I was not impressed, but in fairness, it was the one and only time I visited the shop. Perhaps, it was a fluke.

• Visited December 2012