“Good Service, mediocre shushi”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 879 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 8th and L street
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Service, mediocre shushi”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The service in this restaurant was very good. Everyone was attentive and very nice. Having said this, the sushi was overall not very fresh and some rolls were actually pre-made. The seafood soup did not have too much flavor and some of the vegetables in there were under cooked.

• Visited November 2012

“Most reliable good food and good times of any restaurant!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Regardless of where my husband and I eat Benihana's it never disappoints! The only thing that could make it anything other than awesome are the people you share the table with, so just be sure to bring your own cool party of eight!! We love the food , the portions, service and experience! The Anchorage crew is great, many Kudos to them. I love the emails each month with the chef's specials, and the birthday meals for free!! Will continue to go back each month!

Visited August 2012
Alaska
“Good Time”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I always have a good time at Benihanas. I don't go often because it is a bit expensive, but the food is delicious and cooked to serve. The servers and cooks are all happy. They are willing to accommodate requests (brown rice instead of white, no dressing on salad, extra spicy, etc). Overall a great experience. It doesn't hurt that if you sign up for their birthday club you get a free meal!

Visited May 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“a treat”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great place to go for a special occasion. The food is very fresh and you can watch them prepare it. I could tell the chefs enjoy working there! We got a lot of wonderful food for the money, plus a show.

Northborough, Massachusetts
“Much better than I expected, worth a visit!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

To be honest, I was not expecting much when our friends brought us to Benihana's, but I was wrong! The food was quite good, the Chef put on a great show and the service was quite good. It was a bit pricey, but you get more than enough good food.

I had the seared Tuna steak which was excellant. The two sauces that they give you were both outstanding. My wife had the shrimp which she enjoyed.

The only annoying thing was that it seemed that all the tables around us were celebrating birthdays, and every few minutes the staff were singing happy birthday. I guess this is the place for birthday's in Anchorage!!

• Visited June 2012