“Nice simple place”

Aspen Suites Hotel Anchorage
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice simple place”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel was obviously new. Everything was nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable our room had a microfridge. We were looking for inexpensive but clean and comfortable. Aspen was exactly that. No mints on the pillow but clean and reasonably priced for Alaska. I have stayed a properties that were not as nice for more money. We checked in very late (early am) and let them know we were coming so they had the security personnel looking for us with our key when we arrived.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room rate for this new property was a little high, but this is Alaska and also is a residence hotel. There is no breakfast or room service, but we did not expect that. We were very pleased and will go again and recommend to anyone going to anchorage for a night or longer stay. Would have loved the kitchenette and used if staying for more then one night. We were on our way to McCarthy in the morning after flying into Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nome, AK
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I will start off by saying, I've had none of the negative experiences noted in other reviews. It's worth noting this is a brand new property and some hiccups are to be expected. However, I found my room very nice and comfortably appointed. The kitchenette was a really nice bonus since I am currently watching my diet and this allows you to eat what you want and know what you're eating. It includes a small cooktop, microwave, and almost full size refrigerator. There is a workout room as well at this hotel. All that being said, this is designed as an extended stay hotel. Do not expect daily maid service - you only get it weekly. Also, there is no continental breakfast though they do provide Seattle's Best Coffee around the clock. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I am planning to stay here again on another upcoming trip to Anchorage. While some might miss the daily maid service or breakfast, the outstanding rates that I hope don't disappear once this establishment becomes better known more than outweigh any inconvenience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South Side should be quiter.
Kenai, Alaska
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here a week on business and the building itself is nice and new. The rooms are large with kitchenette, comfy bed, coffee maker, television with full cable channels and DVD player, and large bathroom. Guest laundry available as well as excersise room (treadmill, and bike), free wi-fi. It is extended stay, so maid service is only once a week and the front desk closes at eleven and re-opens at six in the morning.

That being said - the clerks I encountered during my stay were sloppy and unprofessional. Not one of them looked me in the face when they were talking to me, and their uniforms fit poorly. That may sound picky - but when the person who's checking you into a hotel is bursting the seams on their uniform... it just gives a bad impression. Check in was slow, and painful.

The only reason I stayed here was because I was booked by my employer. Usually I stay at the Springhill Suites by Marriott when in Anchorage - overall it's a better property, offers continental breakfast, has a pool, and employes much better desk clerks. I wouldn't stay here again if I had the choice.

Room Tip: Higher floor is less noisy.
Rogue River, Oregon
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Quite Suite Hotel on E. Tutor in Anchorage. The hotel is a new residence type hotel. No breakfast or happy hour here, coffee is available in the morning at the front desk and coffee pots in the rooms. Rooms have kitchen, frig, micro stove etc. Room is cleaned once a week. Have a small gym. TGIF, Starbucks, and steak house next door. Stayed a week here on business.
Small flat screen tv, free internet which is pretty fast. Stayed here in the tourist season so prices of course are a little higher, still has that new smell. Would like to see a morning breakfast served but again Starbucks next door.