“Locals eat here. Good food.”
Review of hot stixx - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian
Description: 99501
Description: 99501
Houston, Texas
“Locals eat here. Good food.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My friends who live in Anchorage took us here. It is better than some of the other places on 4th street. The food would please a foodie and not break your wallet. In fact, we went here twice. The first time was for breakfast and the second we went on our own for dinner (that is my wife and I). For the breakfast, they were willing to subsitute regular sausage for reindeer sausage for 2 dollars more. But then the waiter had to confirm if they still had some. They did not, but that was ok with me. I had the hash browns that came with my multi grain pancakes. When I went here for dinner, my wife ordered an Alaska cod pasta dish but they ran out of cod. So they susbsituted Alaska salmon at no extra price. The waiters were helpful and accomodating. There are cool photos on the wall and art work from local artists. It felt homey and not chi chi. What was also funny was that you have to walk down this surrealistically long hallway to get to the bathroom. That hallway went on forever. The food was good and so was the service.

anchorage
“yumm!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

would have rated it higher except for the lack of food!
3 out of 5 sandwiches they have on their lunch menus are pork based, and they were out of pork for their sandwiches! what?!?
we had to settle for other entrees which were ok but not what we were craving for.
good location for tourists and in fact they increased their hours of operations for this but cut it short the rest of the year. are we locals not that important? we'll make sure we remember this when its winter and you need the income.

• Visited June 2012
Anchorage, AK
“Good food. Lousy service”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a large party of six and it was a busy night. But ....Our waitress had a "shadow" so she should of had help. Anyway the food was good and everyone was happy

Anchorage, Alaska
“Good Food & Good Service Recovery”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Sat at a table outside on the sidewalk on a lovely, sunny Alaska summer day, so it would be difficult NOT to enjoy this. I asked for the vegetarian menu and ordered the tofu and stir fried vegetable lettuce cups. My friend had a chicken dish from the regualr menu. My friend's food arrived. I insisted he go ahead and eat. His food was fresh and delicious...I know, I tried it! After about 15 minutes more, I inquired with the server about my meal. Oops, kitchen kinda messed up..they just started it and it should only take about 3 minutes. My friend was already done when I recevied mine, so we both enjoyed my dish as well. It was simple, fresh and veggies were al dente, just like I like them. In their rush to get it out to me (I'm guessing) they did forget to top the veggies with crushed peanuts...didn't need those calories anyway :-) Sooo, when the check was placed, the server had removed my meal and only charged us for my friend's. I certainly didn't ask, since I ate and enjoyed my food once it got to me, but apparently he thought it was the right thing to do. Well done. The food is good (better than most) and straight forward...not alot of processed stuff just used to make a plate look full. Oh, and be sure and ask for the vegetarian menu...even carnivores might find some things that look good to them.

• Visited June 2012