“BOOK NOW for an amazing customized experience!!”

Great Land Adventures
Fat Tire Biking Anchorage's Coastal Trail
Ranked #22 of 82 Tours in Anchorage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Great Land Adventures specializes in private and custom adventure tours to the best places in Alaska. Let our fun, friendly, and informative local guides take you on the trip of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BOOK NOW for an amazing customized experience!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We are seasoned travelers who have never taken the time to provide reviews before but we feel obliged to share how extraordinary our experience was with Greatland Adventures. We found them on TripAdvisor when planning our long weekend in Anchorage and the customized service began from the first phone call - rather than just telling us what we should do, they began asking questions about what was most important to us. We ended up using Greatland Adventures for two out of our three full days in Anchorage and can't recommend them highly enough.

Steve Busby was our tour guide and he squeezed in everything we asked for - and more! - into a very short trip: a boat tour of the glaciers (he handles all of the logistics and coached us on where to stand for the best pictures and for the best chances of spotting animals with the binoculars he brought for us); wildlife conservatory (he knew right when the bears are fed each day so we got plenty of great close-ups); whale-sightings (he pulled over so we could see one that he saw miles ahead); salmon spawning overlook; hiking and blueberry-picking; a quick stop at a local brewery; restaurant and bar recommendations, etc.

You should feel confident in choosing Greatland Adventures over the other larger tour companies. It was a great value, our guide was extremely knowledgeable, they provided safe and accommodating transportation everywhere, and most importantly the staff is genuine & dependable and very committed to making your trip as AMAZING as possible.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jen L
Greatland, Owner at Great Land Adventures, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you Jen! It was a pleasure spending a couple of days with the two of you. So much fun!

Santa Fe Springs, California
“What an adventure!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently went on a tour with Greatland Adventures and it exceeded all my expectations. As a seasoned traveler I must say, this company surpassed any other company I have ever toured with. Steve Busby was able to answer every question I had (and believe me I had plenty.) He was so knowledgeable about everything from wildlife (plants, animals, berries, terrain) to Alaskan culture. I learned so much it was amazing! Another highlight was seeing so many animals, Steve has an eagle eye for finding animals that no one else noticed. I have nothing but great things to say about this company, they truly go beyond the call of duty to make sure you have an unforgettable experience. I have recommended them to all my friends and family, and hope that everyone has a chance to experience a tour with this awesome company at some point in their lives. I guarantee you won't regret it!

Visited August 2013
Greatland, Owner at Great Land Adventures, responded to this review, March 2, 2016
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure to share my knowledge and love of Alaska with you. I hope you are able to fulfill your dream and move to Alaska so we can have more good times together!
Los Angeles, California
“What an adventure it was!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wow, what can I say about Greatland? I guess I will tell you as my boyfriend and I heard from other tour guides from different companies: "Steve Busby is the best in the business!" So true. This guy is as professional as they come, and in high demand. He really takes the time to show you what Alaska is all about. I feel honored to have been guided on a custom private tour by someone who is a true Alaskan and knows his stuff. He was so knowledgeable, patient (especially with a couple of newbie hikers as ourselves!), and fun! We had a blast! If you are looking for THE BEST tour company in Alaska, look no further. Greatland Adventures is it. This is the gold standard of tour companies for sure.

Visited August 2013
Thank you! That trip was one of the best times of my life! I will never forget dancing on Stoney Dome with Denali watching over us. Picking blueberries and drinking champagne in one of the most special places in the world? Epic!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Stop! Look no further than Greatland Adventures.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived in Anchorage as a hanger on to my husband who was attending a business conference here. On my own for a couple of days I wanted to experience some of the wilderness outside Anchorage. Most of the trips I tried to book at the last minute either were fully booked or the timings did not work for me. I found Steve Busby (Greatland adventures) through the Internet, and at short notice was able to set up a days hiking. I like to hike, so Steve chose a hike suitable for me, he tailors his trips around clients requests. I was amazed at the fact that he was prepared to do this trip with just me. We had the most fantastic weather and hiked about 6 miles out in the Chugach State park to the Williwaw Lakes. Steve is incredibly knowledgable about the flora and fauna. We swam in a cirque lake, ate lunch and hiked back along the river to the Glen Alps trail head. It took about 6 hours. Steve is a perfect host and guide, conscious of his client's abilities and needs. If you come to Anchorage make Steve your first stop in planning any activity. I intend to come back and plan a back country ski touring trip with him in the winter.

Visited July 2013
Thank you Roberta! That was such an amazing hike! Thank you for sharing it with me!
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Anchorage tour”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Steve Busby provided a simply fabulous tour of Anchorage. We had one afternoon only to see the city and he provided an excellent tour in 5 hours. He was very courteous and attentive to the sites we were interested in seeing. Not only did we see wildlife (a huge male moose, Arctic tern birds, Dall sheep) but we also saw the historic sites, gorgeous mountain ranges and the downtown area. His tour was very reasonably priced and he was extremely knowledgeable.

Visited July 2013
Greatland, Owner at Great Land Adventures, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you Susan! It was a pleasure to spend the day with you and Fred. I was thrilled to be able to find that big bull moose for you. What a treat! Take care and I hope to see you next time you are in Alaska.