“Just what was needed”

Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Tampa, Florida
“Just what was needed”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Location was perfect- near the airport, restaurants, shopping and main drag through town. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was what was expected and very good. Wireless internet was perfect even when watching Netflix. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MontanaFL
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay and that the amenities and staff met your expectations! I will make sure and pass your kind comments on to my staff and hope you will continue to think of us should you return to Anchorage in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed November 16, 2013

A wonderful, warm welcome from Meghan at the front desk, free cookies and a really fun, modern color scheme and design cannot make up for the noise levels in this hotel. The in-room heater sounds like a jet engine taking off and landing all night, and the walls are so thin that I could hear people “walking across my forehead” all night above us and people talking to each other in the room next to us. I would not recommend this hotel for a business traveler who wants a good nights sleep and a fresh start in the morning. HOWEVER…this would be a perfect hotel for hearing the impaired; for families with noisy children who don’t want to feel guilty about keeping others awake; for heavy sleepers who can tune out everything. My husband is hearing impaired and was able to enjoy all aspects of our stay here because he cannot hear the people in the hallways, the TV and the footsteps in the room above us and the children in the room next to us.
We are locals who stayed here overnight during bad weather to make it easy to catch an early flight from Anchorage International the next morning. The rate we paid was $98 – exactly half the rate of the Hampton Inn, and very similar in amenities. There is a reason you pay more for a hotel with better sound-proofing, construction and insulation. I hadn’t realized what a difference it makes in the overall sound levels of the hotel.
PROS
The beds are comfortable and clean, the housekeeping is excellent, lighting is great for readers, all the lights have extra power charging plugs in them, the rooms are spacious, and a full buffet breakfast is served each morning with choices ranging from hot oatmeal and fresh fruit to eggs and bacon. Rooms have a huge TV, a very large refrigerator, a microwave and a desk with one chair. The hotel is located on a main artery, close to Walmart and restaurants.
The staff is wonderfully friendly and helpful, and the airport is a quick 7-minute drive. The Fairfield would be an ideal one-night stay before heading to your final destination….as long as you bring earplugs or can “mute” your hearing aid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Live2TravelReview
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping and imagine that must have been very frustrating. I am thrilled to hear though that you enjoyed your breakfast and were pleased with the staff and room accommodations. I would like to invite you back to stay and enjoy a complimentary upgrade on us!
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed one night in September this year. We only stayed one night on the day we flew in, the next day we departed for Denali National Park. But the stay was very pleasant. The airline had lost one of our bags and the front desk gave us some complementary bathroom items - deoderant, comb, razor, toothbrushes. Our room was on the 2nd floor and the environment was great, very little noise, comfortable room. Wi-fi, television, and all the usual amenities. Breakfast the next morning was very good for this level of hotel, it had a great variety of hot breakfast foods and the usual cold foods and pastries. Location was convenient for shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am very glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Fairfield in Anchorage and appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments. Our staff is very proud of the hotel and we look forward to you staying with us on your return trip to Anchorage.
Wall Township, New Jersey
Reviewed November 2, 2013

While the room rate was reasonable, the hotel is located such that there is a significant amount of noise from the major roads that are adjacent, and the noise from the floor above made it difficult to sleep. This was a one and done for this location. There are other Marriott brands in Anchorage that are much much better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charles S
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable and you were able to hear noise from different locations. This is not a complaint that we often hear and I apologize this was the case during your stay. If you would contact me by phone so I may get some additional information regarding your room, etc. I would appreciate it.
alaska
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay here! First impression when you walk in is CLEAN! Modern, Brightly colored furniture was fun. check in was friendly and informative by Ester. Loved that the entire facility is smoke free. We will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am so glad you like our completed remodel, it is fun and I appreciate you staying with us on your next trip to Anchorage!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Okay place, was clean and neat. Rooms can use some updating but wasn't terrible. Front desk evening manager Megan was really nice and helpful and that pushed it up a star in my review. All around its a descent hotel and excellent service. I would probably look at other places if I was returning to Anchorage and wanted a more luxurious but again, im very particular.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Luv_totravel121
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment Meghan and will share your kind comments with her. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the hotel very modern as we just completed our remodel which is the newest Fairfield Perspective Package. Thank you for trying our hotel out though and I hope you change your mind about looking elswhere on your next visit to Anchorage.
Cordova, Alaska, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was passing through Anchorage on my way home and had a 18 hour layover. I had not reserved a room as the motel prices in Anchorage were still high when I left on my trip. I arrived at 1am and began calling hotels. This was the first one I found with rooms so I took it.
The shuttle driver was near the airport so pick up was fast. I had never stayed at this property before so I was surprised at how new and modern it is. The front desk was friendly and cheerful even at the early hour. Due my long layover I requested a late check out and was given an extra hour which was nice (Any extra time is better than none).
My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room is equipped with a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Breakfast in the morning was typical and well laid out. The hotel is located on two major streets and as such there is a large amount of traffic passing by. Expect to hear sirens throughout the night. I am a sound sleeper so it doesn't bother me, but it may others.
I explained to the front desk that I had hours to kill and they offered to put my luggage behind the counter while I wandered around town. I came back in the evening, picked up my luggage, and was offered a shuttle ride to the airport. Overall a great place to stay with very helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your remarks on the recently completed remodel. I will pass your comments on to my Front Desk. It is always nice to be able to let them know the service they provide our guests is appreciated. If you ever find yourself in the Anchorage area again I hope you will think of us when making your reservations.