“quick stay, clean and friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“quick stay, clean and friendly”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

stayed a quick one night. very friendly staff. clean rooms. spacious. close to the airport. easy taxi to the downtown area. free wifi, breakfast and all day coffee! would recommend this hotel for a easy stay.

Room Tip: there are no views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again should you decide to return to Anchorage!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Eastham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 14, 2013

In Anchorage Mid-Town means at the airport, not downtown. The hotel's shuttle only runs to the airport nearby so if you want to see Anchorage you better have a car. The woman at the front desk was friendly but forgot to call the taxi so that we would be able to get to dinner on time. Perhaps she was a little too laid back. The location is great if you're flying out of Anchorage but inconvenient if you're there to see Anchorage before heading North.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thankyou for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown. I have shared your comments with the Front Desk Staff regarding the issue you encountered with your Taxi to dinner and appreciate you pointing out the difference between Midtown and Downtown Anchorage. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Anchorage area.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I twisted my ankle the day before I came to the hotel and could not walk on it at all. I made reservations before I twisted my ankle so I did not request a handicap room. I asked if they had one but they were all taken, understandable because I did not request one, but when I asked If they had a wheel chair for me the front desk lady said no and I asked her if any hotel around had one and she said no before even trying to see if they did. She saw me struggling to walk on my crutches and pull my suitcase and didn't even offer to help just starred at me. Once I got to my room the key didn't work so I had to hop make to the elevator go back down stairs and get new ones and the whole time she blamed it on me for having it near my phone even tho my phone was no where near the keys. Once I get into the room the toilet is clogged, I called front desk and it took them forever to get to my room. Once the guy finally got here he saw me on my crutches and handed me the plunger like I was suppose to do it I asked him to do it and he did with out any complain. Besides that re room are gorgeous and it is decently clean. The location. Is right next to some shopping centers.

• Stayed July 2013
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered during the check in process and have shared your comments with my Front Desk so that we may do a better job in the future. Thank you for helping us improve!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Although this property is expensive but its in good condition and a very helpful and accomodating staff.
Breakfast was good and its close to several good eating places and the airport. Unlike some of the Fairfield, I have recently stayed, this one is not run down and seemed clean and modern.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again should you return to Anchorage!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is my go to hotel when I travel to Anchorage (about 4 trips a year). I've stayed here over 25 times and the rooms, facilities and breakfast are consistent. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. You can spend more in Anchorage but you can't do much better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am so glad you like our hotel! Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments, they are appreciated and will be shared with all staff.
chicago, IL
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown. Service at the front desk was amazing. I had the pleasure to meet Easter. She was warm, caring, polite and friendly. She took the time to explain the hotel, area, breakfast options and the new lobby features. The hotel was under renovations. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was very large. The bedroom area was kinda small. The flat screen was large. Not much of a work area with ok WiFi. Breakfast was just ok and expected. Not a fan of eggs from a bag and VERY greasy sausages. Otherwise, the bagel and english muffin was ok. Coffee in-room and at breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I agree 100%. My front desk staff is great and I will definitely pass along your comments. Thankyou for taking the time to acknowledge them.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel has made some upgrades since I was there a few years ago and I liked it for what we needed then. They offer airport transportation, free WiFi, free use of computers in the lobby, nice free breakfast, and a very comfortable bed. The down side of this hotel is that it is not downtown, but we had a rental car and found Anchorage very easy to navigate. I left my travel pillow at this hotel and they kept it for me for a week while we traveled Alaska and then came back. The staff was always very nice. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so you look out at the beautiful snow covered mountains.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again, I'm glad you liked our updated look and enjoyed your stay!