“Not handicap friendly.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I twisted my ankle the day before I came to the hotel and could not walk on it at all. I made reservations before I twisted my ankle so I did not request a handicap room. I asked if they had one but they were all taken, understandable because I did not request one, but when I asked If they had a wheel chair for me the front desk lady said no and I asked her if any hotel around had one and she said no before even trying to see if they did. She saw me struggling to walk on my crutches and pull my suitcase and didn't even offer to help just starred at me. Once I got to my room the key didn't work so I had to hop make to the elevator go back down stairs and get new ones and the whole time she blamed it on me for having it near my phone even tho my phone was no where near the keys. Once I get into the room the toilet is clogged, I called front desk and it took them forever to get to my room. Once the guy finally got here he saw me on my crutches and handed me the plunger like I was suppose to do it I asked him to do it and he did with out any complain. Besides that re room are gorgeous and it is decently clean. The location. Is right next to some shopping centers.

• Stayed: July 2013
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I apologize for the difficulties you encountered during the check in process and have shared your comments with my Front Desk so that we may do a better job in the future. Thank you for helping us improve!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Although this property is expensive but its in good condition and a very helpful and accomodating staff.
Breakfast was good and its close to several good eating places and the airport. Unlike some of the Fairfield, I have recently stayed, this one is not run down and seemed clean and modern.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again should you return to Anchorage!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is my go to hotel when I travel to Anchorage (about 4 trips a year). I've stayed here over 25 times and the rooms, facilities and breakfast are consistent. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. You can spend more in Anchorage but you can't do much better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am so glad you like our hotel! Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments, they are appreciated and will be shared with all staff.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown. Service at the front desk was amazing. I had the pleasure to meet Easter. She was warm, caring, polite and friendly. She took the time to explain the hotel, area, breakfast options and the new lobby features. The hotel was under renovations. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was very large. The bedroom area was kinda small. The flat screen was large. Not much of a work area with ok WiFi. Breakfast was just ok and expected. Not a fan of eggs from a bag and VERY greasy sausages. Otherwise, the bagel and english muffin was ok. Coffee in-room and at breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I agree 100%. My front desk staff is great and I will definitely pass along your comments. Thankyou for taking the time to acknowledge them.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel has made some upgrades since I was there a few years ago and I liked it for what we needed then. They offer airport transportation, free WiFi, free use of computers in the lobby, nice free breakfast, and a very comfortable bed. The down side of this hotel is that it is not downtown, but we had a rental car and found Anchorage very easy to navigate. I left my travel pillow at this hotel and they kept it for me for a week while we traveled Alaska and then came back. The staff was always very nice. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so you look out at the beautiful snow covered mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us again, I'm glad you liked our updated look and enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a pre cruise stay to check out Anchorage a day before we sailed. The hotel is clean, the room was spotless and the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a shuttle that picks you up from the airport and the driver was both prompt and friendly. The hotel next door has a superb restaurant on premise and the food was both fresh and fast. The breakfast in the morning was your standard breakfast.
Now, my only complaint about this establishment, it is really for people who have a car. All of the local restaurants, bars and downtown are quite a distance, not within walking. There is no little grocery store nearby to get some snacks or such. Be prepared if you are not driving to catch a taxi or city bus to get around.
Would I stay here again, you bet, just be prepared!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Anchorage. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel and am glad you enjoyed your stay! My staff is great and it is always nice to be able to let them know that it does not go unnoticed by our guests.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I will admit I was quite surpised when I stayed at this property. Very rarely do I offer a "5", but this one is well deserved. The overall property was very tidy right now to the stairwells to the rooms themselves. The renovation is all but complete without guest disturbance. A rare thing...the windows actually open up the whole way to soak up the fresh Alaska air!

The hotel does offer comp shuttle service to the airport (shared with the Crowne Plaza and Motel 6). It leave the Fairfield at :05 and :35 each hour. There are restaurants in the area that can be walkable like TGI Fridays, Golden Corral and Cattleman's Steak House.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, they will be shared. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!