“Airport Hotel”

Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Airport Hotel”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Only 2 miles from the Airport. After have already spent 7 days in Big Lake, AK, I returned the rental car back to the Airport, called the Hotel on the Courtesy Phone and asked for a shuttle to bring us back to the Hotel with a 4 am departure in the morning. Wake-up call was on time, the Courtesy Shuttle was on time, therefore we were on time for our flight back to the Lower 48, headed home to Maine. The room were neat and clean, good WiFi, and best of all the receptionist was very polite and accommodating with a big smiles, she represents their hotel well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our city. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and agree, our Front Desk staff is great! I hope you got a chance to see some of the Iron Dog Race while at Big Lake and again thank you for taking the time to comment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
HOMER ak
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I opened the door first thing a beer bottle cap on bathroom counter BIG stain on top sheet white gross stuff down the side of night stand and on both bed skrits inside of window very dirty wallpaper peeling off in bath aswell as a BAD repair job lower wall behind toilet very bad staff was nice only thing at ck in she said my room # out loud big no no yes I was a priceline rate so maybe this room #312 is only for these guest? last the beds are very springy and hard

Room Tip: stay at a differnt hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I have shared your comments with hour Housekeeping Department and apologize for the deficiencies you experienced in your room. I have also shared your comments with my Front Office Supervisor. We value our Priceline Guests, that is the reason we participate in the program and can assure you that we have no rooms which are specifically "assigned" for this important segment of our business. Thank you again for your comments and for helping us improve!
furnitureruss
Reviewed December 20, 2012

When in Anchorage, I usually stay at one of the hotels on Spenard Rd, but this time I went with the Fairfield Inn on A Street. Typical "Fairfield" amenities you would expect. People who work there were courteous & helpful. I had a spa suite which had a big jacuzzi tub (that was nice to relax in after a long day driving around in the snow).

All in all, I'd come back to this property. The prices are competitive & the free breakfast & free wi-fi make it a bit better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank furnitureruss
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Anchorage, AK. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the jacuzzi suite and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Anchorage.
Chesterfield, New Jersey
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My company decided to do some work in the greater Anchorage area this most recent October and I was put-up in the Fairfield Inn for just over 2 weeks. From the moment we (my wife accompanied me) walked in, we were treated like family. I'd like to thank Carol, Christine, and Megan for wonderful service as well as the breakfast staff.
We arrived well after midnight on a Saturday night and with an easy phone call, the free shuttle that runs 24/7, was there in minutes to pick us up. Carol had my room key ready upon arrival. When we went to our room, it was a standard room (I was supposed to have a suite with mini fridge and microwave) and mentioned it to Carol. She didn't have any rooms immediately, however, we were moved to our new room by 10 AM the next morning. Great service!!
The FF provides a simple breakfast each morning consisting of hard boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal, a waffle maker, yogurt, microwavable breakfast sandwiches, bagels, muffins and juices. Also, there are coffee and tea 24 hours a day.
Our room was spacious (though our original one was tight for 2 people for 2 weeks) with a comfortable bed, 2 TVs, a couch, as well as the mini fridge and a microwave. The shower had good water pressure and hot water was never a problem. The smaller room would have been fine for a few days.
As for food, a restaurant, Juno, is right next door at the Crowne Plaza for lunch or dinner and there are also numerous other choices within walking distance.
The shuttle only provides service to the airport so you may want to inquire about other means of transportation during your stay. Hint: There is an Enterprise Car Rental 2 blocks away.
There are 2 computers in the lobby (with printers) for guest use as well as Wifi throughout the building.
The FF has a small indoor pool and hot tub as well as a small fitness room. My only qualm was with the hot tub. My bathing suit wreaked of chemicals after a 10 minute soaking. I had to use hair conditioner to diffuse the smell until I could get it in a laundry machine. Hopefully they will cut down on the chemical use a bit in the future. Speaking of laundry, there are 2 washers and dryers available (as of this writing, 1 complete wash and dry was $3.50).
I can highly recommend the Fairfield Inn for a nice, comfortable, pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Any more than 3 days, get a suite if it is in the budget.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FlyGuy12
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff met your expectations and I have shared your comments with them. It is always nice to be recognized for things that go well and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and to let me know that you enjoyed your stay. If you find yourself in the Anchorage area I hope that you'll be our guest again!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Clean rooms, verry nice staff. No lunch or dinner have to cross over to the crown plaza for hot food or drinks. Wish it was quiter but you get what you pay for................................................................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Anchorage.
UK
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Anchorage is an expensive place in the summer. We liked the location and have had good stays at other Fairfield Inns. Hotels in area were fairly full. But it is not the place for a quiet sleep. We could hear through the walls and ceilings - no not what people were saying - but hear footsteps, children racing around rooms and in hallways. The bed was not comfortable for us, really hard and the linens were not up to standard. We had stayed at other Marriott Brands in the Anchorage area, and know now that we should have paid the extra $25.00 for a better nights sleep. Breakfast was ok. Wifi worked and we were able to book a room for the next night at the competitor next door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frequentravelr
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Anchorage. Hearing from our guests is always appreciated. We are sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by noise from our other guests and that our beds or bedding did not meet your standards. I have shared your comments with our management team to see about the possibility of upgrading our linens. We want to provide the best guest experience possible and again want to thank you for helping us improve.
asheville
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visitors to Anchorage know that lodging is expensive, relative to other areas of the US. The cost of my stay here was comparable to other hotels in the area. The room was clean, and I appreciated the amenities. Breakfast was pleasant, and the staff was courteous. If returning to Anchorage, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank turtles2
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Anchorage, AK. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the ability to do your laundry on site and store your luggage. The next time you travel to Anchorage, we hope that you'll be our guest again!