“Another nice stay in Anchorage” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Anchorage
furnitureruss
“Another nice stay in Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

When in Anchorage, I usually stay at one of the hotels on Spenard Rd, but this time I went with the Fairfield Inn on A Street. Typical "Fairfield" amenities you would expect. People who work there were courteous & helpful. I had a spa suite which had a big jacuzzi tub (that was nice to relax in after a long day driving around in the snow).

All in all, I'd come back to this property. The prices are competitive & the free breakfast & free wi-fi make it a bit better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank furnitureruss
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Anchorage, AK. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the jacuzzi suite and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chesterfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My company decided to do some work in the greater Anchorage area this most recent October and I was put-up in the Fairfield Inn for just over 2 weeks. From the moment we (my wife accompanied me) walked in, we were treated like family. I'd like to thank Carol, Christine, and Megan for wonderful service as well as the breakfast staff.
We arrived well after midnight on a Saturday night and with an easy phone call, the free shuttle that runs 24/7, was there in minutes to pick us up. Carol had my room key ready upon arrival. When we went to our room, it was a standard room (I was supposed to have a suite with mini fridge and microwave) and mentioned it to Carol. She didn't have any rooms immediately, however, we were moved to our new room by 10 AM the next morning. Great service!!
The FF provides a simple breakfast each morning consisting of hard boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal, a waffle maker, yogurt, microwavable breakfast sandwiches, bagels, muffins and juices. Also, there are coffee and tea 24 hours a day.
Our room was spacious (though our original one was tight for 2 people for 2 weeks) with a comfortable bed, 2 TVs, a couch, as well as the mini fridge and a microwave. The shower had good water pressure and hot water was never a problem. The smaller room would have been fine for a few days.
As for food, a restaurant, Juno, is right next door at the Crowne Plaza for lunch or dinner and there are also numerous other choices within walking distance.
The shuttle only provides service to the airport so you may want to inquire about other means of transportation during your stay. Hint: There is an Enterprise Car Rental 2 blocks away.
There are 2 computers in the lobby (with printers) for guest use as well as Wifi throughout the building.
The FF has a small indoor pool and hot tub as well as a small fitness room. My only qualm was with the hot tub. My bathing suit wreaked of chemicals after a 10 minute soaking. I had to use hair conditioner to diffuse the smell until I could get it in a laundry machine. Hopefully they will cut down on the chemical use a bit in the future. Speaking of laundry, there are 2 washers and dryers available (as of this writing, 1 complete wash and dry was $3.50).
I can highly recommend the Fairfield Inn for a nice, comfortable, pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Any more than 3 days, get a suite if it is in the budget.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FlyGuy12
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff met your expectations and I have shared your comments with them. It is always nice to be recognized for things that go well and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and to let me know that you enjoyed your stay. If you find yourself in the Anchorage area I hope that you'll be our guest again!
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Clean rooms, verry nice staff. No lunch or dinner have to cross over to the crown plaza for hot food or drinks. Wish it was quiter but you get what you pay for................................................................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Anchorage.
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Anchorage is an expensive place in the summer. We liked the location and have had good stays at other Fairfield Inns. Hotels in area were fairly full. But it is not the place for a quiet sleep. We could hear through the walls and ceilings - no not what people were saying - but hear footsteps, children racing around rooms and in hallways. The bed was not comfortable for us, really hard and the linens were not up to standard. We had stayed at other Marriott Brands in the Anchorage area, and know now that we should have paid the extra $25.00 for a better nights sleep. Breakfast was ok. Wifi worked and we were able to book a room for the next night at the competitor next door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frequentravelr
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Anchorage. Hearing from our guests is always appreciated. We are sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by noise from our other guests and that our beds or bedding did not meet your standards. I have shared your comments with our management team to see about the possibility of upgrading our linens. We want to provide the best guest experience possible and again want to thank you for helping us improve.
asheville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visitors to Anchorage know that lodging is expensive, relative to other areas of the US. The cost of my stay here was comparable to other hotels in the area. The room was clean, and I appreciated the amenities. Breakfast was pleasant, and the staff was courteous. If returning to Anchorage, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank turtles2
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Anchorage, AK. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the ability to do your laundry on site and store your luggage. The next time you travel to Anchorage, we hope that you'll be our guest again!
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We thought that the room was pretty much as advertised. We were pleased to be able to do our laundry there and the hotel was happy to mind our luggage until the next visit. I would say it was average for its mid range price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oliverAustralia
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Anchorage, AK. I am please we were able to accommodate your storage needs and look forward to seeing you in the future should you again decide to travel to the Anchorage area.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

With a flight landing at 1 am, I chose this hotel because it offered a 24-hr airport shuttle and included breakfast. Both true, and no complaints on those. I reserved months in advance, and called twice to confirm arrival time.

Upon arrival with my two children, I specifically asked for a quiet room where we could sleep a few hours. I was given Rm 109, on ground floor, just steps from the front desk. This room is sandwiched between the pool's mechanical room on one side, and the laundry room on the other. The window has view of the parking lot shared by Motel 6, where shuttles come and go. Not only that, but the carpet was filthy and stained, the bathroom had dusty cracked tile, and there was a constant whirring sound from the mechanical room. It's now 2:30 am and I plead for another room. I'm told sorry, that's the last one. And there's no manager on duty to discuss it. We're all exhausted, and we won't be there long, so I put in earplugs and try to sleep. At 7 am, we're awakened by loud drilling and banging that sounds like it's in our room! I run out to find repairman in the laundry room (and in the ceiling above ours). I ask if they can put that off for a couple hours and am told no, they're on a schedule, but I can ask front desk. Back to the front desk in my PJs, in front of early breakfast crowd to ask if she can ask the workers to stop. No, they're on a schedule. She could hear the noise herself from the lobby! And we're supposed to sleep next to it? I ask again for a manager and am told none on duty. So I pack the kids off to breakfast and to check out. Finally a manager is there. When I express my concerns, she informs me she already credited my account $50 (of the $240 I had prepaid). No discussion. I politely suggested that she walk with me to the room so she can see the filth and experience the noise level. I think it's important that she know not to ever give that room to anyone. She's not interested. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Welcome to Alaska!

I'm rating them more than 1, only because the shuttle driver was excellent -- timely, friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. And the continental breakfast was included. I assume other rooms can only be better than 109. I answered the hotel's emailed survey, outlining my experience, and never replied any reply or apology for our sleepless hours in an awful room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 109!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee818
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I truly apologize for the disturbances you encountered during your stay and am talking to all parties involved sharing both the good and bad comments.. I hope the remainder of your trip to Alaska went well and again apologize for your experience.