“Happy with Room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We thought that the room was pretty much as advertised. We were pleased to be able to do our laundry there and the hotel was happy to mind our luggage until the next visit. I would say it was average for its mid range price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oliverAustralia
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Anchorage, AK. I am please we were able to accommodate your storage needs and look forward to seeing you in the future should you again decide to travel to the Anchorage area.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

With a flight landing at 1 am, I chose this hotel because it offered a 24-hr airport shuttle and included breakfast. Both true, and no complaints on those. I reserved months in advance, and called twice to confirm arrival time.

Upon arrival with my two children, I specifically asked for a quiet room where we could sleep a few hours. I was given Rm 109, on ground floor, just steps from the front desk. This room is sandwiched between the pool's mechanical room on one side, and the laundry room on the other. The window has view of the parking lot shared by Motel 6, where shuttles come and go. Not only that, but the carpet was filthy and stained, the bathroom had dusty cracked tile, and there was a constant whirring sound from the mechanical room. It's now 2:30 am and I plead for another room. I'm told sorry, that's the last one. And there's no manager on duty to discuss it. We're all exhausted, and we won't be there long, so I put in earplugs and try to sleep. At 7 am, we're awakened by loud drilling and banging that sounds like it's in our room! I run out to find repairman in the laundry room (and in the ceiling above ours). I ask if they can put that off for a couple hours and am told no, they're on a schedule, but I can ask front desk. Back to the front desk in my PJs, in front of early breakfast crowd to ask if she can ask the workers to stop. No, they're on a schedule. She could hear the noise herself from the lobby! And we're supposed to sleep next to it? I ask again for a manager and am told none on duty. So I pack the kids off to breakfast and to check out. Finally a manager is there. When I express my concerns, she informs me she already credited my account $50 (of the $240 I had prepaid). No discussion. I politely suggested that she walk with me to the room so she can see the filth and experience the noise level. I think it's important that she know not to ever give that room to anyone. She's not interested. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Welcome to Alaska!

I'm rating them more than 1, only because the shuttle driver was excellent -- timely, friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. And the continental breakfast was included. I assume other rooms can only be better than 109. I answered the hotel's emailed survey, outlining my experience, and never replied any reply or apology for our sleepless hours in an awful room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 109!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dee818
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I truly apologize for the disturbances you encountered during your stay and am talking to all parties involved sharing both the good and bad comments.. I hope the remainder of your trip to Alaska went well and again apologize for your experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Located a couple of miles away from the airport, a quick ten minute drive. The hotel was not hard to find. Located in a commercial district with sidewalks. the area is not anything near attractive or what would be expected in Alaska. There are several other hotels in and restraunts in the area. The Hotel is clean and well maintained. It is your average Fairfield Inn. The check in process was easy and took only a few minutes. Any questions about the area or directions was answered with no problems. The room was in good shape and clean. The TV was a large flat screen. Very nice for watching the Olympics! Also in the room was a microwave, refridgerator and coffee maker. The curtains blocked most of the light out but could be a little larger to filter out more light but it didn't bother me. The very long daylight hours can cause one to think it's actually earlier. The breakfest was ok. It was filling but not I would consider wonderful. Cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, english muffins, wafels, microwave jimmy dean stuff. The staff at the breakfest area kept it well stocked and very friendly. My only complaint is the quality of the coffee was low and the creamer was the non refridgerator chemical stuff. Real creamer would help. All in all the hotel was sufficant and would stay there again. I recomend the Mooses Tooth for dinner. The room rates are extremly high in the summer and also because it's ALASKA!!

Room Tip: High room rates in the summer are normal. Try to get a room away from the elevators. The hydraulic...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nitejetmech
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel and your visit to Alaska. I agree with your recommendation of the Moose's Tooth!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Arrived in Anchorage, and were happy to find the Fairfield Inn only a couple miles from the airport. Very nice and clean. Good breakfast. Good Wi-Fi. A few miles from the downtown, but in our case, it was almost better to be away from the downtown area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve R

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel during your recent visit to Anchorage, I appreciate you taking the time to comment and have shared them with my staff.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites was clean and comfortable, typical of your mid-range motel. I didn't think the location was particularly good. The immediate area is not particularly attractive. Nearness to the airport isn't a real advantage given that most hotels in Anchorage are less than a 15 minute drive from the airport. Breakfast is OK with a reasonable variety of foods with the exception of the microwaveable egg, cheese, and bacon sandwiches. Prices are pretty high for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for taking to time to comment on our hotel, while you did not find the location ideal I do hope you enjoyed your trip to our beautiful city.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel was located close to the airport. The walls are very thin tho so you hear everything your neighbors say/do. We went in the summer so it was bery bright but the windows didn't have great shades so a lot of the light still came in. The rooms were clean & so was the hotel. The breakfast was good, I mostly ate the waffels though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about the hotel, they are appreciated. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Anchorage and hope you will consider staying with us again on future trips.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel was welcoming, decorations are up to date, and location was good. I was disappointed that the room did not have the microwave and refrigerator we expected. Evidently some do and some don't. If this is important to you, be sure to clarify this with the front desk in advance. The bed was made with a comforter tucked in so securely at the bottom that the comforter stopped about 18 inches from the top of the bed. I'm tall, and I felt like I was trying to sleep in a bed that had been short sheeted.
I used the computers in the lobby to catch up on email,etc and these were well organized and user friendly. The breakfast was ho-hum. The only fruit available was pink grapefruit sections because the other choices had already been picked over by other diners.
The location was excellent, just a short distance from the airport and downtown,but not walking distance to either. I noticed that those that did not have a car needed to call cabs frequently. A shuttle from the airport ran frequently.
This hotel was adequate, but nothing about it was particularly outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and let us know about the shortage of items in the breakfast area. I have discussed this with staff to try and insure that this does not happen in the future. Again, thank you for commenting, it is appreciated.