“A June Visit”

Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Berrien Springs, Michigan
“A June Visit”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at the hotel June 8 & 9. Arrived Fri afternoon about 1 pm from the cruise ship port in Seward. We could not check in as the lady at the desk said we were not supposed to be there so early! She was noticeably stressed. Many others in our group also waited in the lobby and breakfast area. My husband and I and another couple were happy for the on site laundry but only one dryer was working. The hair dryer in the room did not work. Shower curtain needed washing. Returning to our room on Sat evening...it had not been touched by housekeeping...a shock. Desk could not do anything. So I did it myself! Our friends had the same problem in their room. Nice comfortable room. Very nice breakfast. And helpful desk staff (except for Fri). Lobby and breakfast area needs new furniture or extensive cleaning. Filled out a comment card but could not connect with anyone to discuss this...think her name was Helen. Is there no compensation for these problems? Business need to just do what they have agreed to do. Shuttle service was fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments, they have been shared with all the staff.please call me at your earliest convenience..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn many times over the years when I have been in Anchorage. The hotel is well maintained and always clean. The rooms are always clean and the bathrooms are a very nice size. I do wish all the rooms had fridges and microwaves. They are not guaranteed when you reserve. The gym is a little small, but you can still squeeze in a little workout. The pool is also very small. There is a business center with 2 computers in the lobby. Breakfast is ok, but only waffles and sandwiches to heat for hot choices. There is enough to get your day started. The hotel does not have great views, but it is convenient to the airport and you can drive to places to eat nearby. Staff has always been friendly. I know I will see them again the next time I am up in Alaska. One tip, rooms in the back are a bit quieter as they are off the main road.

Room Tip: Back of hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and choosing the Fairfield on your recent trip to Anchorage, it is appreciated and will be passed on to the staff. Kind comments are always appreciated. The hotel is scheduled for renovation late in the year so hopefully by the first part of 2013 all of our rooms will have the microwave/fridge in them. Again, thank you for writing and we look forward to your staying with us on future trips.
Chadds Ford
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms were nice, people nice, location good, no frills but we knew that upfront. We needed two nights in Anchorage upon our vacation arrival, and this worked out well. Though not downtown, it was still quite close, about a 10 minute drive in. The pool was small but maybe it was just because the night we were there, so was a large group of families and kids!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites on your recent stay in Anchorage and for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I hope you enjoyed your trip and hope you will choose us again should you ever return to Alaska.
Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff is friendly and the location is not bad. A short drive from downtown and also stores close by. The hotel has a small pool, spa and a work out room consistind of 3 machines and a few weights. The room was large enough for my 2 night stay. The bed was comfortable and the television had a good picture. The bathroom had pleanty of towels, but not much in the way of any other amenity. Breakfast consisted of 3 assorted cereals, egg, and cheese muffins, breads, juices, oatmeal and waffles. Not a bad way to start the day. I do with they had some fresh fruit, but again, not bad for free. When returning to the area I would probably stay at this property if possible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gscar35
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent trip to Anchorage and your kind comments regarding our hotel, I will make sure and pass them on to our staff. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me.
Kenai
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have stayed at this property at least 6 times in the last two years. Overall the property provides what the Fairfield brand is - basic, simple lodging.

The hotel has always been very clean, with large, comfortable rooms. There are computers available in the lobby and the Internet has always worked very well for me. The staff has always been excellent. I just checked out today from my last stay and the two desk staff I interacted with were very helpful and courteous.

The one negative to this property is the breakfast. They provide a very basic breakfast that is satisfactory, but one that doesn't meet my tastes. Mainly pre-packaged items such as breakfast sandwiches.

Overall, well worth the stay. I will keep going back. This property is where I stay whenever I am taking a personal trip to Anchorage - great value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments on our Hotel. I am glad you enjoy staying and will make sure and pass your kind comments on to our staff. I do agree with you also on the Fairfield Standards for Breakfast and there has been some talk about them changing the required items. If I can do anything for you on future trips to Anchorage, please feel free to contact me.
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay here frequently when in Anchorage for business or pleasure. Rates are reasonable, and location is perfect(midtown) if you have a car. rooms are average, beds comfortable. Service has always been excellent, and the continental breakfast is handy for grab and go. This trip however, I had a king room and the heating system was awfully loud, which kept me from a good night's sleep. Being a smaller room, I'll definitely request a queen room next time(larger size). Overall, a great value.

Room Tip: Choose a double/queen, as the king rooms seemed very small.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marne J
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our property and staff. I am sorry to hear about the noisy HVAC unit in your room. If you could give the hotel a call at your convenience and let us know what room you were in I will definitely have our Maintenance Engineer look at it.
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed here for biz in Sept with 7 other people. The staff was courteous but they were installing new HD TV boxes while we were there. I usually don't allow anyone in my room during a stay since I have so many important work notes and valuable computers, etc...but they left a note saying someone was entering regardless of our needs or wants. I understood so I prepared and put my stuff away and they entered sometime while I was gone one day. The next day however, I returned back to see that people had been in my room AGAIN without my consent or knowledge. This is a big no-no for me. Although the place was decent, clean and fairly comfy, I wouldn't stay here again due to that lost of trust. I don't think anything was stolen but Im not comfortable with any hotel that feels they can enter as they please even when there's a 'do not disturb' sign on my door.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank underwaterman
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our state. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the installation of the HD Television system at the hotel during your stay. In the future I will amend the wording that was used to notify our guests of the necessity of guest room access while completing projects of this scope.