“Decent Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms were nice, people nice, location good, no frills but we knew that upfront. We needed two nights in Anchorage upon our vacation arrival, and this worked out well. Though not downtown, it was still quite close, about a 10 minute drive in. The pool was small but maybe it was just because the night we were there, so was a large group of families and kids!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites on your recent stay in Anchorage and for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I hope you enjoyed your trip and hope you will choose us again should you ever return to Alaska.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The staff is friendly and the location is not bad. A short drive from downtown and also stores close by. The hotel has a small pool, spa and a work out room consistind of 3 machines and a few weights. The room was large enough for my 2 night stay. The bed was comfortable and the television had a good picture. The bathroom had pleanty of towels, but not much in the way of any other amenity. Breakfast consisted of 3 assorted cereals, egg, and cheese muffins, breads, juices, oatmeal and waffles. Not a bad way to start the day. I do with they had some fresh fruit, but again, not bad for free. When returning to the area I would probably stay at this property if possible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gscar35
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent trip to Anchorage and your kind comments regarding our hotel, I will make sure and pass them on to our staff. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have stayed at this property at least 6 times in the last two years. Overall the property provides what the Fairfield brand is - basic, simple lodging.

The hotel has always been very clean, with large, comfortable rooms. There are computers available in the lobby and the Internet has always worked very well for me. The staff has always been excellent. I just checked out today from my last stay and the two desk staff I interacted with were very helpful and courteous.

The one negative to this property is the breakfast. They provide a very basic breakfast that is satisfactory, but one that doesn't meet my tastes. Mainly pre-packaged items such as breakfast sandwiches.

Overall, well worth the stay. I will keep going back. This property is where I stay whenever I am taking a personal trip to Anchorage - great value.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments on our Hotel. I am glad you enjoy staying and will make sure and pass your kind comments on to our staff. I do agree with you also on the Fairfield Standards for Breakfast and there has been some talk about them changing the required items. If I can do anything for you on future trips to Anchorage, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stay here frequently when in Anchorage for business or pleasure. Rates are reasonable, and location is perfect(midtown) if you have a car. rooms are average, beds comfortable. Service has always been excellent, and the continental breakfast is handy for grab and go. This trip however, I had a king room and the heating system was awfully loud, which kept me from a good night's sleep. Being a smaller room, I'll definitely request a queen room next time(larger size). Overall, a great value.

Room Tip: Choose a double/queen, as the king rooms seemed very small.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marne J
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about our property and staff. I am sorry to hear about the noisy HVAC unit in your room. If you could give the hotel a call at your convenience and let us know what room you were in I will definitely have our Maintenance Engineer look at it.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed here for biz in Sept with 7 other people. The staff was courteous but they were installing new HD TV boxes while we were there. I usually don't allow anyone in my room during a stay since I have so many important work notes and valuable computers, etc...but they left a note saying someone was entering regardless of our needs or wants. I understood so I prepared and put my stuff away and they entered sometime while I was gone one day. The next day however, I returned back to see that people had been in my room AGAIN without my consent or knowledge. This is a big no-no for me. Although the place was decent, clean and fairly comfy, I wouldn't stay here again due to that lost of trust. I don't think anything was stolen but Im not comfortable with any hotel that feels they can enter as they please even when there's a 'do not disturb' sign on my door.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank underwaterman
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our state. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the installation of the HD Television system at the hotel during your stay. In the future I will amend the wording that was used to notify our guests of the necessity of guest room access while completing projects of this scope.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn a number of times for business and pleasure. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and nice. The staff is helpful and courteous. The Fairfield is a fine value in Anchorage.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments, they are truly appreciated and will be shared with staff members. I hope to see you on your next trip to Anchorage!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent a couple nights here before venturing toward Denali. Our room was above the kitchen, which was not good. The fans were loud! The room was clean and the staff were friendly. No frills place to stay. We picked it because we had marriot points.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, to the immediate left off the elevators, room on the left, i think it...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us on the 19th of September, I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and have passed them on to the Departments involved. This is the first comment I have received regarding the kitchen fan noises and I am glad you have brought this to my attention. I have requested the desk keep this in mind when assigning rooms for arrivals to make sure that this is one of the last rooms rented.