“Home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed April 26, 2014

The staff and food were great. Amber helped me with information about the area. Sam fixed some wonderful and interesting meals. The location of the hotel is great, too. The hotel is near other hotels and various restaurants. I absolutely love the shuttle service to the airport and to downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Clela U
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Clela U,

Thank you for your time in sending us a review. I am so glad you enjoyed our amenties during your stay. I will make sure to share your kind words with Sam, Amber and the rest of our Homewood Suites Anchorage team. Thank you, again Clela U. Your review is greatly appreciated! We will see you when you come back to Anchorage!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had a weekend get away for muy daughter's 156th birthday. The kids enjoyed the pool and I was able to get in a little work out since there is a window that looks right into the pool area. Excellent friendly staff! I was very impressed with how clean the public areas and rooms were here. Everyone enjoyed the breakfast including my little son that is picky. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Tarah P,

Thank you for your fantastic review and recommendation. I am so glad you and your family had a great experience, especially during a time of celebration. We take pride in our cleanliness and want to ensure our guests are most comfortable. It is great to hear you enjoyed our amenities and pool. On behalf of the Homewood Team, we wish your daughter a wonderful birthday with many more to come! Thank you again, for taking the time to send us your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us, Tarah P.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Where to begin...When arranging a 3 day business retreat for an organization one expects some glitches. This is the first time using the Homewood Suites and we experienced perfection. Stephanie in sales was a problem solver, very competent, always accessible and immediately returned all communications. Athena in sales was right on every detail and even stopped by in person on the first day to see if we needed anything. The conference room was large and set up as we had requested. The first day found the conference room cool and Ed head of property maintenance responded in minutes to make us comfortable. The property staff exemplified everything Hilton stands for. Tracy the GM contacted me personally each day to see if I needed anything, she extended a genuine warmth and welcoming attitude everyone commented on. Sam the evening hostess is a rare gem among common stones. Every evening she greeted us with smiles, knew our names(!) and made sure the meals were tasty, safe and attractive. Mornings were a delight. How rare it is to have the front desk know our names, always greeting us as we walked by. Commendations to: Jaeline, Amber, Jessica and Nancyand Christina. You made our visit so special. Rarely does one see housekeeping performed to this level. The head housekeeper Demetris actually found me and introduced herself wanting me to know who she was and told me if there were any questions, needs or deficiencies I could always talk to her. I arrived the evening before my event to find Jerry and Cordero ironing the table drapes in the conference room to make them perfect. Always present and available Sione, the houseman, kept everything in order and stocked. Sam's morning counterparts Mona Lisa and Ernesto started our day with smiles, attention and kept the food hot and trays full. Thank you Homewood and sales staff for removing the common event gremlins and concerns we who organize expect to find. The seemingly effortless "behind the scenes" actions and intuitive expertise allowed me to do my job with ease and confidence knowing all was well.

Dear Donald S,

Thank you ever so much for your amazing review and recommendation! I will be sure to share your kind words with our Homewood Team. I know Amber, Demetris, Sam, Sione, Jerry, Cordero, MonaLisa, Ernesto, Jaeline, Jessica, Christina, and Nancy will be pleased to hear your praises. We strive to ensure our guests are left with a pleasant experience at our property. It truly is a team effort to succeed in doing so. To know we provided this for you and your colleagues, is a great accomplishment. It is a true enjoyment for us to get know our guests and ensure they are satisfied to the fullest extent. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hosting your next company meeting. Thank you, again Donald S, for time and wonderful feedback. See you soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The room was well-appointed and well thought out. The flow and location of everything was logical and accessible. As a project manager and a person who doodles floor plans for fun, I appreciate a well designed, efficient space. The room was very clean and everything worked. Normally when I travel and stay in very nice hotels there is a problem with a missing iron, a towel shortage or the TV doesn't serve the entire room. It was perfect! Parking is a slight challenge in the winter when the snow is stacked up, but I did find a nice spot near the basketball court.

Dear Nancy S,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It is always good to hear someone who appreciates the unique layout of the Homewood property! It pleases me to know that you felt this was your "home away from home." Our team strives to ensure our guests are as comfortable as they would be at home. I am so glad we accomplished this with you. Thank you again for taking the time to send us some kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I spent ten days with Homewood Suites. It was a delightful place with the amenities and comfort of home. I am looking forward to staying there for future weeks in Anchorage. The hotel is easy to get to from the airport. Trips into the various parts of town are quick on main streets. One does need a car to get around Anchorage.

Thank Allan S. T

Dear Allan S. T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is good to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy our property and amenities for a ten-day period. We strive to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible, especially on the longer trips. It is even better to hear you will consider us as your choice of stay for your future visits to Anchorage. Thank you, again Allan S.T. We look forward to seeing you soon!

General Manager.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent Hotel overall, good food, clean rooms, very helpful and knowledgeable staff. The only issue I had was with the speed of the wifi, but that could have been the location of my room. Would stay here again in an instant given the option.

Dear Michael N,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! It is great to hear you enjoyed our amenities and our staff was so accommodating for you. My apologies for the connection speed of our wifi. Should this happen again on your next stay, please feel free to contact our guest services and we will do our best to provide you with options to assist you better with your business needs. Thank you again, Michael N for taking the time to send us a review of your Homewood experience. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was my first experience with HOMEWOOD SUITES and it was outstanding. The staff was delightful and helpful in every regard. The room was large, clean, and furnished with all the amenities necessary to feel pampered and comfortable.

Dear George Thomas W.

Thank you so much for your great review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites and the staff was friendly. Providing you with an outstanding, lasting, first impression of the Homewood experience is what our team strives to do. Thank you, again, George Thomas W. for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to your next stay!