“Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was excellent. Clean, spacious, great amenities, quiet, nice office space, great bathroom and kitchenette, nice pool, workout room, business room, lobby, meeting rooms, breakfast room. The only problem was the incessant Fox News.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Chip M,
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our amenities during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay. Thank you, again Chip M for your positive feedback.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here for over a month while we were waiting to close on our house. Initially we stayed at the Extended Stay in midtown and after seeing the police for a third time we moved to Homewood Suites. This place was fantastic! Perfect location, super clean rooms and the staff was always helpful and courteous. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a comfortable stay in Anchorage.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bruce D,

Congratulations on your new home! I am glad we had an opportunity to host you and your family as you waited for your closing. Thank you so much for your grand review. It is our goal to ensure all our guests are satisfied and comfortable with their stay. It is a joy we were able to achieve that for you. Your high recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bruce D and we send you well wishes as you settle into your new home!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Convenient hotel with extremely helpful staff. Warm cookies ready at check in, breakfast with plenty of options, and they replaced my toothpaste which was confiscated at the airport. Bed was very comfortable. Work out room is a nice plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear David S,

Thank you so much for your valuable review! It is great to hear you were comfortable in your suite during your stay! I am glad you were pleased with our breakfast amenities and our staff. We We hope to see you back soon. We will have warm cookies wating for you! Thank you, again David S.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here on business for a few weeks. The rooms were a lot smaller than what I am used to for homewood however, they are clean and adequate. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. They always acknowledge your existence whether exiting or entering the establishment. This makes a guest feel welcome and considered. The beds are very comfortable and pillows are big and soft! The hotel is located within walkable distance to a few chain restaurants. Overall this hotel is great. It's the perfect place for an extended stay guest, such as myself. With 4 or so more weeks to go for my business in Anchorage I am sure Homewood Suites in Anchorage will do just fine.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear NocturnalAviator,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We strive to ensure we are most helpful and make our guests feel welcomed. I am glad we were able to provide that feeling for you. It is great to hear you find comfort with our accomodation. Thank you, agin NocturnalAviator for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Anchorage!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am a big fan of Homewood Suites. This facility has less square footage per suite and also a single suite style that I had not experienced in other cities. But the gym, pool, laundry room and main reception area makes up for these exceptions. How many hotels have two large (stuffed) bears in the entry? And the manager's receptions are great! The woman who oversees the food preparation takes pride in her work. It is a very popular hotel. Getting a reservation may take some pre-planning. Since it is always busy, there is wear and tear but staff is eager and willing to take care of any such problem. Another hint: if you want to see moose, go to Kincade Park not far from the hotel. I drove forever in the country side and saw none. Then went to Kincade Park to see five in one visit.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms facing the green space in back of the hotel but as situated all the rooms are conv...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler1MM
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Traveler1MM,
Thank very much for your wonderful feedback about your stay! Our Bears are a great sight to have the lobby; I hope you got some good pictures! I will make sure to pass your compliments to our Evening Social Attendant, Sam. She will be pleased to hear how much her pride shows when assisting our guests! I am so glad you were able to not only have a great experience, here at Homewood, but also have the opportunity to see moose. Kincaid is a beautiful park. Thank you, again Traveler1MM for your amazing comments and the tip on moose sighting. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I rented a conference room here for a one-evening presentation. Everything was very professionally handled and looked nice. The staff up front went out of their way to make sure everything worked right for us, including going out of their way to accommodate unexpected issues. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenneth K
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Kenneth K,

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about Homewood Suites Anchorage. I and my team appreciate your kind words. Word of mouth goes a long way in this business and to have such a glowing review helps set us shine brighter than our competition. We are very happy to provide you with such great service during your meeting; it’s something that comes naturally to our team. Thank you once again for sharing the wonderful experience you had here at the Homewood Suites. We hope to see you again and thank you so much.

The Management Team

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I got in at 1:00 AM and checked out at 10:00 AM. The front desk already had everything ready for me so I didn't have to wait at that late hour. I appreciated that. The breakfast was good and the shuttle service was prompt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Donald L,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton. Even though your stay was a short, I'm glad my team was able to efficiently service you and make your stay the best it could be. We hope next time you join us in Anchorage your stay will be a little bit longer so you can fully enjoy everything we have to offer. We sincerely, thank you for writing such kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

The Management Team