New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Michigan
“Dirty Windows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice suite. TV didn't pick up many stations, and staff couldn't fix problem. Very dirty windows! Good breakfast. Big hotel. Halls almost too long, should have better design so doesn't look so far down a hallway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank Brian V. S
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Brian V S.

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a response about your stay at our hotel. We hope we were able to make your stay as much like home as possible. We pride ourselves in trying to make sure each guest has the best experience we can provide. I hope you enjoyed your time in Anchorage, and that next time if your travels bring you to town that you will be choosing the Homewood Suites. Once again thank you so much for the review and we look forward to having you again.

The Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Spokane, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great hotel. Friendly staff. Very clean. Fitness room is up to date. Rooms are large and well furnished. The breakfast and evening manager's reception are an added bonus. Rates are fair and in line with neighboring hotels. When you consider the added values. This is a very good deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Douglas S,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your review with the TripAdvisor travelers. It really means a lot when you are able to share such a positive experience had at our hotel. I hope that in the future you will seek out the Homewood for your home away from home needs. Once again thank you for kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Barrow, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Over rated for quality, elevators are scarce, stay away from rooms next to stairwell. Don't plan on doing a lot of shopping or you may end up hand carrying all your purchases up 3 flights of stairs which were more accessible than the elevators! Don't bother with room service, they never answered the phone. This large facility provides no service or security other than a security door, which could hinder you if you were attacked in the dark parking lot at far end of this facility. The prices for room quality were atrocious so plan ahead to reserve somewhere else

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Tamra D
Tamra D,

I am very sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. I assure you that assisting our valued guests is our top priority. We have certainly not met the standard we hold ourselves to in regards to the level of service received. Please know that we are genuinely sorry for disappointing you. Please contact us if there is anything further you would like to discuss with us and we will be using this as a teaching experience for our staff so that in the future we can provide the best service possible. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope in the future we can provide you with a better stay.
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Clean comfortable rooms. Better than expected free breakfast and dinner(Mon-Thurs,). Friendly hotel staff. We were always greeted when we walked in. Chocolate chip cookies were a nice bonus in the evenings.

2 Thank nicemummy15
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear NiceMummy15,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to share a review of your stay with our future guests. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time in Anchorage. We hope that next time you are in town you will be choosing the Homewood Suites. We will make sure the cookies are warm and waiting for you.
Thank you so much for your review.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent accommodations, great staff, super friendly! Breakfast and dinner were great too. I am a homewood Suites lurker now, I wont stay anywhere else. Perfect for families. Located away from downtown, but only a 5 minute drive.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We feel the best recognition is the praise and comments we get from our guests. Sharing your knowledge is so important to our future guests. We are thrilled that you took the time out to share your stay with everyone. We hope that the next time you are visiting Anchorage; The Homewood Suites Anchorage will be your choice to stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A fair price, a clean room, and a pretty good breakfast. Plenty of Alaska animals on the walls!
And free parking.

The staff at this hotel were friendly. It makes your stay better when you are greeted and talked to like you are welcome.

My room was big. A full sized living room, bathroom, and bedroom. And a bag of microwave popcorn to top off the deal.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Houstontravellovers,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff we pride ourselves to make each individuals stay the best it can be and the most like home. We are thrilled that you shared your stay with everyone. We hope that the next time you are visiting Anchorage; The Homewood Suites Anchorage will be your choice to stay.

Thank you so much for your review.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I looked for reviews from other Diamond Members when selecting which Hilton to select in Anchorage AK. We stayed the first 7 nights in the Hilton downtown because it was cheaper in points. We decided to book the last 3 nights at the Homewood because we had reserved a rental car and could drive to what we wanted to see. This was a Mistake!!! I highly recommend the Hilton downtown. While it may be a bit older the facilities have been very well maintained. In addition the staff downtown went very much above and beyond. When I had problems with the internet on my laptop the head of Engineering (Don) called me and arranged to come up and look into the problem. He had it working within 5 minutes after I had tried for over an hour.
I have attached the view from my current room at the Homewood Suites - not only is it a wall 8 feet away, but the siding around the vents has melted and it looks terrible. We were asked as we were going out to dinner the first night how the room was, and I told them that "the view of the WALL was really bad". They said nothing and we just continued on. This morning we went to breakfast and while the attendant could clearly hear the sound of the empty hot water pot while I was attempting to fill a paper cup for tea she opted to ignore me until I asked loudly if she could refill the hot water, she left without a word, but did come back and refill. They also turned the lights out while I was making a waffle, and started taking breakfast down around me. The lesson is DON'T be getting anything for breakfast past 9am. I am not only a Diamond Member, but I have not checked out of my Homewood Suites in Atlanta in over 400 days. You would think I could get at least a room with a view of the Parking Lot. For any of you that like to look out at more than a wall, and if perhaps the general manager is reading this I am in room 109, and would never recommend it!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karla J
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and your email KarlaJ. Please allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for not only your room placement, but the attentiveness of our Front Desk staff! The lack of effort in providing you a resolution is not the expectation nor the norm of our Guest Service Agents.
I would like to also apologize for your experience in breakfast this morning and though we do close breakfast at 9 AM, the lights should have certainly not been turned off as you were still the buffet area. I have addressed this both with my both my front desk and breakfast staff. This will improve immediately. My apologies for the view of the wall. It is currently in the process of being re-constructed.
It was my pleasure to update your Diamond profile to reflect that you prefer a high floor and a view. I do hope you enjoyed the new room you were moved to with a view.

Thank you again, KarlaJ for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you!