“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN ANCHORAGE!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Anchorage Alaska.
When we travel the US for business we are brand loyal to Hilton, when in Alaska we are loyal to the Homewood Suites Mid Town Anchorage. The staff are friendly and helpful, truly a home away from home. The rooms are comfortable and a perfect location to access the city.
Thank You Jessica, Jaeline, Pat and staff for all your hard work!
Cheers Ron

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SOELOPAC
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear SOELOPAC,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write about your stay at Homewood Suites Anchorage. We are happy that we were able to provide a comfortable home away from home while you were visiting. The staff really prides themselves is providing the best service possible but still make you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip and we’ll keep the cookies warm for you.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was my first experience with a Homewood Suites and also Anchorage. We were greeted cheerfully by Tanya our first day and after a long flight. Immediately we felt at home by her and the other staff who were welcoming, smiling and asked if there was anything they could do for us.

This was a business trip with some stressful days and I felt returning to the hotel was almost returning to my home and family. I noticed many return guests being greeted by first name, and they in turn asking how the staff was, how their families were, etc. You can tell how much the return guests like this hotel. The breakfast was good as was the coffee in the morning.

When I return, this is the place I will stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and everything maintained. Anchorage is a small city, so decent restaurants are nearby in the car.

Thanks Tanya, Jessica and the other Homewood staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MotorcycleGourmand

Dear J B,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am extremely happy that all of our staff was able to make an impression on your during your stay. We pride ourselves in exemplary service and Hope that every guest can have an experience like yours during their stay. Please know that all your kind words have been given to each individual employee, and they are each proud to have been able to provide you with such great service. We are so happy that you from now on when traveling in anchorage will call the Homewood Suites your home away from home. We can’t wait to see you again. And we’ll make sure the cookies are warm and waiting for you.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

very good experience. Really well trained and helpful front desk. Greeted by name each time I returned. provided additional extra services when needed. Complimentary dinner was a surprise. Not fine dining, but sufficient if you want to stay in for the evening.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard M

Dear Richard M,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that staff provided you with excellent service during your stay. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel that if the Homewood Suites is their home away from home. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We hope that on your next trip to Anchorage you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the only place to stay in Anchorage Mid-Town. Quiet, Clean, Modern. Friendly Staff. Quality Breakfast and Dinner. Easy access to all of Anchorage. Close to nice restaurants, excellent room service (provided by the Hilton Gardens next door to Homewood Suites)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff C

Dear Jeff C,

Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites. We appreciate your review of our property and we’re pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I'm very happy to see that we had a positive impact and you enjoyed the facility. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our sister hotel (the Hilton Garden Inns) room service. We always try to work as a team. We look forward to having you again at your home away from home the Homewood Suites.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am an Hhonors member and a loyalist to the Hilton brands. My wife and I have been coming to this particular Homewood Suites since 2009. I'm writing because I'm concerned about what I perceive as the degradation of service at what was once my favorite hotel in Anchorage. I may only be a Silver status member, but I felt my treatment was always that of an elite guest. I so appreciated the little extra effort. For instance, last year I arrived here and was greeted with a smile and was asked if they could do anything for me. Any requests I made were promptly and courteously addressed, and I even got a call from the front desk to see if my room was as expected after being there only a few minutes. I loved those extra touches that don't cost the hotel much to do.

On this trip I arrived on a Wednesday evening to only a half-filled parking lot and the appearance of an establishment that was not fully booked. However, on this trip I arrived with my wife, 17 month old and 3 year old in tow. Upon check-in I received a simple hello from one of two desk staff who were previously NOT engaged with other customers. I was expecting a two queen room as my wife and I must each share a bed with a kiddo when traveling. I was informed that I was getting a handicap accessible King room at the very back of the hotel instead. When I explained that I had requested a two queen room, the woman simply stated that "that's not what our system brought over." She offered us no options as we stared blankly for a moment. My wife had to ask the woman if she could check for other options. She said all she had was a smoking, two-bedroom suite. With allergies an issue - we had to decline.

Now, I get that availability is not the problem of the front desk staff. There either are rooms, or there are not. What was disconcerting is that she seemed completely uninterested in the challenges of one full-grown adult trying to sleep on a hide-a-bed with a toddler in a King room. Upon entering the room, we realized it had no bath for the kids. Just a huge stand-up shower. I went to the front desk again to tell the same woman I would have had no cause to book such a room, and she again regurgitated the "this is what we had in our system" line. Again - even offering to check availably for the 2nd night of our stay was not offered. I explained my problem with no bath, and she said "awww - sorry" in a manner that just barely masked its condescending tone. I almost told her what I thought of the response, but thought better of it and simply unloaded my car.

The room door - I may add - is directly adjacent to the rear access door of the hotel. Loud and late travelers have been frequenting the door all evening and they smoke close to the door, allowing it to occasionally stink up our room. The constant latching of the doors has also woken my children several times - hence my writing now.

In conclusion - this hotel is clean, this hotel has some nice amenities, but at over $200/night if you can't maintain quality service - then your value proposition has just left the building.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank audio27

Dear Audio27,

I want to first deeply apologize for your treatment on your stay at our Homewood Suites in Anchorage. I am appalled by the way you were treated and by no means is this our standard of treating our guests. I will be going over everything you posted and look forward to correcting all areas and being able to provide a better overall stay. We definitely do not want this labeled as our “Standard” and we’ll do everything in our power to improve. We hope that in the future you will return to our property and we are able to provide you with that home away from home feel you got when you first stayed at our hotel. I deeply regret the way you were treated and can only hope that you will give us another chance.
Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Anchorage. If you would further like to discuss your stay please feel free to contact me at anytime. 907-762-7000.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family of three stayed here for a week in May 2013. We got one of the one-bedroom suites which was a perfect layout for us since we have a toddler and really needed a separate sleeping area for him.

The staff was top notch. I loved having a free breakfast AND dinner (during the week). We used the pool and exercise room several times and enjoyed that. The room and the hotel were both comfortable.

My only complaint about this hotel is the cigarette smoke. We booked a non-smoking room, and that is obviously what I got, however the common areas of the hotel, especially the hallways, smelled of thick cigarette smoke all the time. And there were a few times we could smell it moderately strong in our room, too. I didn't even think about it when I booked the reservation; you can't smoke in a restaurant or bar in Anchorage so I didn't even consider that upper end hotels like this one would still have smoking rooms. It's not necessarily a deal-breaker for next time, but definitely something I wish they would improve on and will have to consider.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amber A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites on Trip Advisor. I am glad that your over all stay was great. I would like to apologize for the cigarette smell and smoke during your stay. We currently are still a smoking property, but are currently working of transitioning to a non smoking property. I hope in your future travels if you find yourself in Anchorage again you will choose the Homewood Suites and give us a second chance. Once again thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for 1 night post cruise in Anchorage at the Homewood Suites Hotel and was very pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. It is located a bit out of town but they compensate for that by providing a shuttle to town, and to and from the airport which was only 10 minutes away. For one night we didn't need a kitchen but I could see everything one would want was there. The suite was very clean and a super comfortable bed. The heating and air conditioner was very quiet and did not disturb our sleep. There were several chain restaurants you could walk to from the hotel for supper. A plus for me was a Starbuck's near by. Breakfast is provided in the room rate and I was so pleased with the offering. They had hot delicious oatmeal, waffles, eggs, corned beef hash, fruit, bread etc. An excellent stay at a reasonable rate and would definitely book again there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple