“Felt like home!”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
anchoerage
“Felt like home!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

They were incredibly welcoming. Since I'd just had a medical procedure for my back, staff Alenna, Tania, and Demetris went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of....getting my bags to my room, treating me to fresh cookies and offering to bring a breakfast to my room! My lasagna dinner was great.

1 Thank dan k
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Dan,

Thank you for your glowing review. I am pleased that our Team made you feel like "home." Aleena, Demetris and Tania are all assets to our Hotel and I am happy to see your comments. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Anchorage, your "home" away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family and I (wife and 2 kids) stayed here during our visit to Anchorage. I must say it was one one of our favorite stays. The staff were very friendly. The Housekeeping Manager was so nice, she gave my son, who is 2.5 years old, a coloring book with stickers. I have never seen this type of service in my travels. She personally came up and delivered this gift to my son. It was so awesome. Also I have not been to a hotel, that when they provide dinner for you, they also provide wine and beer free of charge. I know the next time we are in Anchorage, we will stay here. My only complaint is that if you have young children, not to get the 4th floor. Apparently guests on the 3rd floor complained that we were being too loud. Oh well. Wonderful stay I must say!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gburns123
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to see that your family enjoyed your stay with us and that our Housekeeping Manager, Demetris, provided your son with a colouring book to keep him entertained. I apologize that you were located on the Fourth Floor, as we do try to keep families on the lower floors. Should you travels bring you back to Anchorage, we welcome the opportunity to stay with us at your "home" away from home.
MI
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed two weeks in this hotel and truly felt at home. The breakfast and dinner staff went out of their way to make sure our every need was met. Housekeeping did a great job and the parking lot was cleared of snow promptly each time it snowed. The meals were on time and tasty. We will definitely stay here next time we are in town.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MiCowboy
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
I am happy to see you were well looked after during your visit with us. Providing our Guests with the ultimate service is our goal each day. We look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Suite Anchorage.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was very clean, hotel that I would stay again. Reasonable priced as well. Relatively easy access off Tudar, and quick access to both uptown and Dimond mall. Kitchen was well stocked with dishes and cooking utensils.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AKmedic
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our kitchens are very poplular and I am glad in made your visit more convenient. We appreciate the opportunity to make Homewood Suites your "home" away from home and look forward to welcoming you back.
Dillingham
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I haven't stayed here since 2005, but to my surprise the entire hotel upgraded furniture and style to look ultra modern! Couch has pull-out bed, ottoman, side chair, cable, internet, bathroom is next to the bed, & equipped kitchen complete wish dishwasher! Full-size fridge, microwave, small stove, pots, pans, dishes, coffee maker, toaster, good for long-term stays. Awesome. Friendly staff, always smiling & always greets. The hotel is kind of big though, I swear I walked a quarter mile to reach my room.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room nearest to the ice machine. The lobby is close to those, & they're on e...
3 Thank rickylind
Thank you for review. I am glad that you have discovered what a convenience our kitchens are. The full size refrigerator and dishwasher really do make you feel like you are at "home." I appreciate the warm words regarding our Associates. Our Team pride them selves on making every Guest feel like they are part of our Family.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Anchorage.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Every staff person I encountered was helpful, friendly, and seemed genuinely concerned with my staff there - by far my most positive hotel experience. Breakfast (included) was always well stocked and certainly adequate.

1 Thank STwin
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and discovered our friend team. We appreciate your choosing the Homewood Suites as your "home" away from home and look forward to welcoming you back.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed st the Homewood Suites during December 2012 and were impressed by the quality of the service and value-adds. Not only was the full breakfast included in the price of the room but dinners (Monday to Thursday) was also included and consisted of a variety of meals that were not only tasty but also very filling. You can also have beer and wine for a small donation. The suite is large and meets all your needs for comfortable beds, modern bathroom amenities and a full kitchen equipped with fridge, sink, microwave and even dishwasher. The small convenience store offers microwaveable meals for Friday to Sunday. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and the hotel to be well-situated to access all the local activities such as the Turnagain Wildlife park and glacier landing tours. I would recommend this hotel as the best value, amenities and knowledgeable staff. Well done for offering such a great gome away from home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauren H
Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to explore a number of the wonderful sites around the Anchorage area. I believe that there may have been a misunderstanding as all of our breakfast, dinners and beverages are complimentary.

Should your travels bring you back to Anchorage, we look forward to welcoming you back.