“Best value, excellent staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed st the Homewood Suites during December 2012 and were impressed by the quality of the service and value-adds. Not only was the full breakfast included in the price of the room but dinners (Monday to Thursday) was also included and consisted of a variety of meals that were not only tasty but also very filling. You can also have beer and wine for a small donation. The suite is large and meets all your needs for comfortable beds, modern bathroom amenities and a full kitchen equipped with fridge, sink, microwave and even dishwasher. The small convenience store offers microwaveable meals for Friday to Sunday. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful and the hotel to be well-situated to access all the local activities such as the Turnagain Wildlife park and glacier landing tours. I would recommend this hotel as the best value, amenities and knowledgeable staff. Well done for offering such a great gome away from home!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren H
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to explore a number of the wonderful sites around the Anchorage area. I believe that there may have been a misunderstanding as all of our breakfast, dinners and beverages are complimentary.

Should your travels bring you back to Anchorage, we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family and I recently moved to Anchorage due to military. We had to reside at Homewood Suites for almost a month and the stay was excellent. We traveled all the way from N.C. and stayed in hotels from D.C., Orlando, FL., Chicago, and other big cities in route to Alaska. I must say by far was the best hotel from hospitality, professionalism, and cleanliness. My wife was pleased with all services they provided (happy wife, happy life). Would recommend this hotel to anyone who has stayed in a lot of hotels and looking for great stay for the buck. They also had dinners four nights a week that were pleasing and complimentary wine and beer. P.S..Thx Tonia for being very helpful to me and my family...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank william p
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you William for your review. I am glad that Tonia and the rest of our Team were able to make your move a bit easier of an ordeal. We pride ourselves on making relocations simpler. We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and i took a vacation trip to Alaska during the summer. We stayed for 8 nights at the Homewood Suites in Anchorage. The rooms were typical of the brand, ample, clean, wireless and more good amenities. The location is outside the main central city area but with car or transportation it was no issue at all.

The personnel at the front desk, cleaning, and restaurant was very, very nice. Not often you get that kind of treatment in the continuous states. Outstanding.

We had a great time using this hotel as the central HQ for daily trips north and south. Alaska, what we saw, and the people were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ANTONIO G
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for your glowing review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay with Homewood Suites Anchorage and all that Alaska has to offer. We hope that you will find time for another trip to Alaska and again give us the opportunity to be your "home" away from home.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Homewood Suites for 2 weeks in August 2010. I was in Anchorage for work and to stay two weeks in a hotel can be kind of rough. Not at the Homewood Suites! This was one of the most comfortable hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms were lovely, the service was wonderful and the free hot breakfasts and dinners and beer and wine on weeknights really cannot be beat. The pool and hot tub were awesome and most important, I felt comfortable coming down to breakfast in sweat pants even though it is an upscale place due to the friendliness of the employees. The location was alright, could have been more central for my taste but I had a rental car so it was a non-issue. There are several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Youwinsome
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad to see you felt at "home" during your extended stay. We strive to make our guests feel that they are part of our "family" and make your visit as comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you "home" when you visit Anchorage next.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

If I had to choose a Hotel in Anchorage, Homewood Suites would be it! I stayed for 3 weeks this winter and was treated like royalty. The rooms themselves are wonderful, spacious, clean, cozy, and just what I (or anyone) needed for a stay that long. The full kitchen (although not used much) was very convenient for keeping/eating food in the room when needed. The front desk staff were amazingly friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The shuttle got us just about everywhere we needed to go and did so in a timely manner. Hot breakfast every morning and dinners 4 nights a week was a nice option to save money on food. The food was very good (two free glasses of wine at night were the perfect ending to a busy day!) I am looking forward to my next stay in Anchorage. I would not go anywhere else! Sincere Thanks to everyone for making me feel like I was coming "home' everynight!! Nan from Ketchikan

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel. It was pretty quiet...no issues.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nan N
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Nan,

Thank you for such a glowing review. Our Associates take pride in making Homewood Suites Anchorage your "home" away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back and when you plan a visit, please contact me directly and I will personally arrange your reservations.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I wasn't a fan. I see lots of good reviews so maybe my experience was unusual.

The hotel itself is a ways from the airport - not a long drive - but not real close. Make sure you allow some time to get back.

The desk clerk's are not good at answering the phone. I arrived late at night. when I called down to the desk they didn't answer - ever. After several tries he eventually answered. I wanted a wake-up call since my time was off and didn't want to miss a morning flight. I never got a wake up call the next morning.

The next morning when I went down to catch the shuttle back to the airport there were 3 perks young girls working the desk. The phone was ringing - I could hear it - they were standing there - nobody was answering it. Not sure what to make of that.

They say the shuttle is "on demand." I got to the desk - they said it would be arriving soon. I was standing there - they never called the shuttle driver to alert him. He eventually showed up - about 25 minutes. For those who assume that on demand means on demand - you will want to allow extra time for that interpretation.

They have very small rooms - smaller than typical Homewood. The hotel has thin walls. You can hear people coming and going all night long. make sure you turn the a/c to on to create white noise.

They describe a "full hot breakfast." It is not. No buffet - you can make you own waffle. They have a microwave.and those pre-made sandwiches with sausage egg and cheese - like Hampton Inns have. Otherwise it all cold cereal.

There are a lot of choices near the airport - and a lot of choices near this hotel. I think you can do better. Next time I'll try elsewhere

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sbccc
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Is is through such feedback that we may strive to improve our product and service standards. I apologize for what you have experienced. Given that your visit was four month before, I would appreciate if you can contact me via email in order for me to receive further details in order to investigate your concerns regarding our Team. My email is: stiphan.beher@hilton.com

I look forward to hearing from you. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and demonstrate our true hospitality.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Two couples shared a two bedroom/two bathroom suite in mid-August, 2012. Each bedroom was spacious, well-appointed and had its own bathroom, affording privacy for each couple. There was also a small living room, eating area and fully equipped kitchen. We stayed there both at the beginning and again at the end of our Alaskan trip and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kelseyjem
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both your stays with us. We hope you will visit Alaska again and afford us another opportunity to be your "home" away from home. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will assist in arranging your reservations.