“My Home Away from Home”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Mobile, Alabama
“My Home Away from Home”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My experience at the Homewwod has been an enjoyable one so far. I have been here for over a month. The people here have been so nice. The customer service is exceptional, people like Tania, Jessica and Jaeline makes you feel warm/welcome when you leave/come back. Erik/Steven really keeps the place moving/shaking. The breakfast is a great way to start the day, thanks MonaLisa for always making soft scrambled/cheese eggs for me(not a casserole kind of person). The evening reception is a great way to end a long day, with the freshly baked hot cookies.Demetrius and the house keeping staff, you rock. The rooms are very cozy/comfortable, need to add more tv channels(variety). The pool area is nice, The van/shuttle service is a great assest, esp. taking you into town and not just to/from the airport. The exercise facility is nice and has decent equipment.I have enjoyed everything while staying here. Keep up the good work. You all are a great TEAM(Together,Everyone, Achieves, Much). My recommendation: place hand sanitizer stands in the foyer/dining area and handiwipes for the exercise equipment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KW7
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review! I am pleased to hear that we have made your stay with us a memorable one. Our Team strives to make our Guests truly feel at "home" and aim to be your "home" away from home. I appreciate the feedback on the hand sanitizer and we will be installing a dispenser at the entrance to our dining area. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us and for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Anchorage, AK while TDY for one week. I was informed about this hotel by one it's loyal customers Kimberly Walker. The hotel is phenomenal and some of the front desk clerks were extremely helpful especially Tania and Jessica. I enjoyed the breakfast and dinner bars along with the complementary wine.
-Belinda

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Belinda L
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Great header line....Best Hotel in Anchorage. We are happy to hear such comments and pride ourselves on our helpful team members. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Homewood Suites Anchorage.
Loveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 8 days and every day was consistently filled with friendly workers, clean and modern common areas and rooms, pool and hot tub were clean, breakfast variety was pleasing and food was good. We only ate dinner one night and the only thing that I would recommend to change is upgrade the wine served to a little better brand. (But I'm a wine snob!) anyway, we enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Peg45227
I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the feedback on the wine. We will be reviewing our wines in the coming month and will look forward to welcoming you back with a new selection of wine.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Excellent service from all the staff. Very friendly and helpful. Tania is especially helpful and always greets guest with a cheerful hello and helpful attitude. The exercise room has a reasonable amount of equipment, I never had any issues. Even though the rooms contain a kitchenette, during the week Mon-Thur, the hotel serves an evening meal complete with free wine or beer. For free food, it is not too bad, although the breakfast did not contain many figure friendly choices, it is still nice to have breakfast every day. I would highly recommend this hotel to all!

Room Tip: Request a room on the corner, these are suites with a living area, kitchen and bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mel S
Thank you for taking the time to review us through Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you were so well taken care of by the team here and we appreciate your recommendation to fellow travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Homewood Suites Anchorage.
Denver
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great location for easy access to airport and downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The equipment at the workout facility was well maintained. The complimentary breakfast and dinner were very good and super convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jamilynn1
Erik M, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear jamilynn,

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share, on TripAdvisor, your experience. Our newly remodeled 24 hour fitness center is a great amenity when needing to get an early start or late workout. The convenient breakfast and Manager's Reception dinner are also a hit. Yes, all of our rooms do have full size refrigerators and kitchens in them, but there are times when our guests just want to sit and relax and enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer served during our dinners. We hope to see you again on your next trip in from Denver.

Gig Harbor, WA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This a new property located in Mid-town Anchorage. It has excellent free-van service to downtown, airport and the Diamond Mall. The rooms are suite type with stylish furnishing and comfortable couches and chairs, (which is unusual for suite hotels) and a nice full kitchen is provided which you will not need. Since the hotel provides free brkfst and dinner (and this is exceptional) Free beer and wine during happy hour! The staff is very friendly and if you have any concerns talk to Eric or Jessica who are the exceptional staff at the front desk who will put it right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank D F
Dear D F,

We appreciate you staying at our great hotel! Our staff appreciates your kind words also. We welcome your stay any time you're back in Anchorage. The amenities we provide make this a "go to" hotel with a very friendly atmosphere. We're glad you were here to enjoy the breakfast and dinner and the serving staff. Please let us know when you'll be making arrangements to stay with us again.

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I travel from Alaska to the lower 48 quite often and I always get a room in Anchorage when my flight is a red-eye or leaves before 10 AM. I used to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but I started having trouble getting the Government rate. I have always been able to get the government rate here. The staff here has been very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. They are also very quiet. This is very important when I am trying to get a few hours sleep before getting up and getting on an early flight. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank wholehogbrew
Dear wholehogbrew,

We definitely appreciate your business and glad you choose us to get some sleep before your flights. It's always great to have "locals" stay here. The government rate you speak of is based on the amount of government rates we're allowed and the occupancy at the time. If ever you have a question about government rate please feel free to contact me before you make a reservation. We'd love to have you back and you can reach me at Erik.Mendoza@hilton.com or at (907)762-7000.