“The Most Wonderful Place”

Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. (The Center), a non-profit organization contracted by the Municipality of Anchorage, manages the Center. The Center schedules space use in the building, provides production management and technical expertise, sells tickets, and provides services for more than 240,000 patrons who enjoy the facility annually.
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The Most Wonderful Place”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was in "The Skin of our Teeth," which, for whatever reason, was chosen as the opening comedic theatrical play for the Sydney Lawrence stage. As a performer, I was contracted to be in the play, but it's not one I'd choose to be first of the grand PAC! I believe my best memories were exploring all of the new places in the basement, having a dressing room, the green room was not a couch in a corner next to a speaker, LOL! I think the carpeting is hideous personally, I remember our first tour before it opened, the floor looked like a clown threw up on it. HOWEVER, extremely essential for Anchorage's performing arts enthusiasts! I saw both "Bent" and "CATS" there, amazing. I now live in Boston and commute to NYC for other acting gigs. The Broadway shows in NYC and Anchorage are almost identical. It's great to have that kind of entertainment in Alaska. So, I don't miss the SHOW I was in, but I do miss everything else (sans carpeting, LOL).

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MsNey

Wasilla, Alaska
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“On Stage”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Buy season tickets for the performing arts or concerts. You will find good seating here and ample off-street parking the year around.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Mary F
hellertown
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“NOrthern Lights were spectacular”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We attended the Aurora Borealis film at the Center for Performing Arts and it was well worth the time and money - beautiful film

Visited September 2012
Alaska
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Love”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I love the PAC. I don't know if its because I am starved for entertainment, or that they really are that good. They bring at least 2-3 Broadway events up a year, which I feel is good for this area but I always wish there were more. The seating is good, even in the balcony. The ushers are friendly and helpful. Their offerings are varied. It is downtown, but I always can simply find parking. I can't wait to see Mary Poppins and Mrs. President this year! The only downside? More people are discovering this gem and tickets for shows are gradually increasing!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank may1787
Sarasota, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Enjoyed a fine acoustic concert.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We took in a acoustic concert at ACPA's Discovery Theatre. The sound seemed to be very good here. Seats were comfortable and there looked to be not a bad sightline in the room. The complex is very pretty and well located downtown.

Visited May 2012