“Left at the first intermission”

Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. (The Center), a non-profit organization contracted by the Municipality of Anchorage, manages the Center. The Center schedules space use in the building, provides production management and technical expertise, sells tickets, and provides services for more than 240,000 patrons who enjoy the facility annually.
Reviewed August 6, 2012

WhiIe waiting for the performance to begin, we had a wonderful view of the stage, and enjoyed looking around at the theater. When the performance started it was very very loud. Searching in my purse I found a pair of ear plugs, which I shared with my daughter. I sat with my finger in my other ear, which was quite uncomfortable, and dearly wished to escape. The balcony edge was in front of me, and the seats on each side were full, so there was no escape. We later joked to each other that we had even thought of climbing over the back of the chair to get out. I wrote a letter to the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, but never recieved a reply. I am surprized that the environmental protection agency hasn't fined them for blasting loud noises at people at pain threshold levels! What a waste of almost a hundred dollars, with no possibility of a refund. We were not the only ones who left the theater at the first intermission.

2  Thank 80plumeria

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We saw the Aurora Lights show. Pretty good, lovely photography, but a bit on the long side. We were the only people in the audience, probably because we were at the early show.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Total sleeper. And i mean that in a good way. this had to be one of the most relaxing shows i've ever seen. Calming music. Aurora lights display. Very little narration. Great chance to relax after a very busy vacation.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The center put on a movie about the Northern Lights called The Aoria. If you are not able to see the lights first hand this is an excellent way to experience these events.

1  Thank LovingRetirement67
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Performances are top-billing, not a bad seat in the house. often, we take a seat up in the balcony and really enjoy it. For music Its best for duo's as a single musician is often lost on the stage. There is more than one stage, so two or three events can be going on at one time.