“Excellent Thai food - a must-visit when in Anchorage!”
Review of Lahn Pad Thai

Lahn Pad Thai
Ranked #93 of 885 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Thai
New York City, New York
“Excellent Thai food - a must-visit when in Anchorage!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Coming from Girdwood on the way back to downtown hotel, we decided to try this restaurant off Seward Highway and we were not disappointed. Just looking at the nonstop takeout orders, we knew we made the right choice. I requested for shrimp Lad Na which wasn't being offered as an option on the menu, but they easily prepared it for me, just for a nominal extra charge. It was really good, The chicken basil was a different version from the one that we're accustomed to in New York, but I thought this was even tastier..minced chicken not drowning in brown sauce.

• Visited August 2013

Montesano, Washington
“Will become a favorite”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I discovered this restaurant by accident yesterday as I was driving along Abbot Road and since I'd been craving Thai, I suggested we go have dinner. First thing we noticed was the parking lot was full, but then there are 10 establishments that share the same parking lot so we did not think much about it. When we stepped into the restaurant it looked like every table was taken. Not so, the waiter found a small table for two near the back. Looking around us we saw lots of happy customers chatting and enjoying their dinners. Ordering took time since we were not familiar with the menu eventually I ordered a Green Vegetarian curry with prawns added and my husband ordered Satay as an appetizer. The serving were large and we walked away full and happy.
Normally I don't comment on other diners, but the table next to us had two very nice couples. When their delicious food was served I turned and asked them what they had ordered. They told us and then showed me where the items are located on the menu and then they asked the wait staff for extra plates and proceeded to share their entrees with us. He had Pad Thai and it was fantastic and hers was excellent, too. I don't remember what it was called, but I can find it on the menu! So maybe we will try one of those items the next time we visit Lahn Pad Thai. Oh, and the friendly customers drove all the way from Wasilla just to eat Thai food at this restaurant. They said the restaurant started out in Wasilla but later moved to South Anchorage when the owners discovered they were driving to Anchorage every day for their supplies, so they closed their shop in Wasilla and transferred their restaurant to Anchorage. That says something about quality when former customers travel 60+ miles just for dinner at old favorite.

Visited June 2013
AK
“Best Thai in Anchorage”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is the best Thai food in Anchorage, and I've tried them all. Pad Thai is a family run restaurant with a staff that cares about you. I usually get the Basil Veg with Fried tofu (medium hot) omg-it's so good and it's not a heavier dish like the curry based ones. The curry based dishes are also incredibly good, and my husband goes for those. I've heard that the Pad Thai is really good, but I'm not a fan of pad thai. Just give it a try and you'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Thai food and friendly service!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I eat Thai food out on a regular basis and this place is a true super star. The lunch specials are all great and very high value. I recommend going for the fresh roll instead of the fried spring roll with the lunch special; a nice fresh roll with the lovely addition of fresh apple. I usually go for the "Moo Tod" lunch special which is a delicious combination of garlic pork and rainbow veggies with chicken.
For dinner or a big lunch I always check out the specials, consistently amazing, or order the best Panang Curry ever. This is the best Panang Curry I have ever had; rich, creamy, garlicky, with fresh Thai basil and hints of peanuts. I usually go with the beef for a protein but the tofu and veggie Panang Curry is also excellent. If you like spicy food this is a great restaurant to order dishes as spicy as you can handle!
The service is always super friendly and efficient. The staff are very helpful and more than willing to offer good menu suggetions. The location is classic Anchorage; strip mall with a variety of shops including a wonderful bakery. Easy to get to and right down he road from the Dimond Mall.
If you like Thai, and you are eating out in Anchorage, you have to go to Lahn's Pad Thai!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank GlobalSnowHound
Los Angeles, California
“Very Good, Unusual and Interesting Menu”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

First of all a correction to the current TripAdvisor information: the name of this restaurant is Lahn Pad Thai, and their website address is www.lahnpadthai.com (though there isn't much there).

I had lunch here driving up to Anchorage from Kenai at the end of a vacation trip. It was just a random find from my GPS unit. The decor is moderately upscale, and the staff was attentive throughout. It was clear that a lot of locals eat here.

I had their unfried spring rolls (they call them something else), which were chock full of tasty vegetables in a delicate white rice wrapper, served with a soy and peanut dipping sauce. I can't remember the name of the entree, but it was tender slices of chicken and spears of broccoli in a brown sauce over HANDMADE thick noodles. It was delightful, great flavors and interesting textures, and came in a very large portion.

If I have one negative to give, it would be that the prices are a bit high. But they are not outrageous for Alaska. And they do have lunch specials for $9.95 that are smaller, and those looked well-balanced and delicious.

• Visited July 2012